Downloading Music Files

paulfr

Did a search with no results to my surprise.

I joined iTunes from Apple and to my astonishment, they will not download to Thailand.

What sites are you using to get new mp3 files ??

I heard Kazza has lots of popups and viruses ..... true ?

Any disadvantages or heads ups for newbies to know about downloading music ?

Thanks

If it does not bother you to download for free,you could get Kazaa Lite K++ 2.4.3.Its got no spyware and runs very well.If you have ADSL 2/3 minutes to download a track,another is edonkey.Also DC++ is a file sharing program,one is run by members here.

i like emule, even works on dial-up, might take a couple of days to get a couple of albums though. soulseek has good music, but terrible queues sometimes, (most the time). winmx is kinda sliding down, not as many people as before.

Speed is not a priority for me, so I am happy to run Bearshare. The free version comes with "Weather" and "Save Now" - or some such adware/spyware - but I just tell my Firewall software never to allow them to connect to the Internet.

I've tried Emule, Edonkey and Kazaa, but prefer Bearshare.

One day I'll get into this "Expat file sharing hub", but haven't found the time to do so yet.

Indeed, Mirc has many channels for mp3s. Be prepared to read a tuturial too. And Mirc is not free, it's shareware (after 30 days 20 bucks).

You can try to get a freeware version too. But I think the standard is Mirc. Downloads were about 2-5k (on average better than those fileshare hubs like Kazaa).

Indeed, Mirc has many channels for mp3s. Be prepared to read a tuturial too. And Mirc is not free, it's shareware (after 30 days 20 bucks).

You can try to get a freeware version too. But I think the standard is Mirc. Downloads were about 2-5k (on average better than those fileshare hubs like Kazaa).

Apart from mIRC which is shareware, there are also free IRC clients. Have a look around at www.download.com or at www.tucows.com , two download sites.

Once you have downloaded a standard IRC client and got the hang of the IRC network you will find it easy to use the DC network as well (which the Expat Hub is a part of). The trickier part with DC as opposed to IRC is that you need to set up your firewall/router according to the instructions in http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26928 . It may seem difficult at first because you are not used to it, but is really very simple.

mIRC is shareware but its only the nag variety, it still works after it expires without limits. I lost my reg # years ago and don't feel like paying again :o .

If you get a version 5.x instead of 6.x there's no nags either.

I get up to 70kbs d/l sometimes depending on the source.

cv

There are a couple of Russian MP3 sites which are very good, and legal (under Russian law). Cheap to download with good search facilities; and the use international providers for payment so your credit card is safe.

www.allofmp3.com

www.mp3search.ru

I have been using both for some time and very happy with the service. Allofmp3 even let's you choose the quality and file type and then converts for you to download.

Hugh

before, I used Kazaa but later i knew about LimeWare and it is really great in contrast to other programs as the speed is really great. Just try it once....

However, speed is dependent to Dial-up or DSL..., too.

Please do not use either of these programs. That is unless you are happy with your computer full of adware and spyware.

Should you doubt me, try running an anti-adware program after their installation. You will be more than surprised at the results.

Better programs to use can be found here:

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/collectio...lid,1359,00.asp