Visa Run Question

A couple of questions..

I have a non imm cat-o visa, multiple re-entry's.

I do visa runs every 90 days, right now im a bit strapped for cash and wanted to know what is the cheapest and least time consuming method for doing a visarun from bangkok (im in pratunam)

and the reporting by mail is that only for people with special circumstances, or type of visa's.

Can someone please explain that to me.

ok and finally if i miss this visa run (by x amount of days) what are the consequences?

Thanks

Cambodia. Visa run all inclusive is about 2,000 baht from Bangkok - daily runs by several that advertise in classified of Bangkok Post. 500 baht per day for overstay and risk of jail pending deportation if caught in a police check.

Edited by lopburi3

2,000 baht is fair, i'll have to check that out.

but my last visa run to the cambodian border, (to where that massive market is) was horrible. As soon as i got pass the thai area i was flanked by a cambodian guy who practically forced me into a dark room with a bunch of cambodian police who made me pay for a free stamp after taking my passport from me.

That wasn't fun, so im a bit anxious about cambodia!!

penalties sound harsh, i read on here that some people were made to pay a fine of 2,000 baht.. thats why i asked, cause i was thinking miss it and pay a 2,000 baht fine, well it sounded cheaper than doing the visa run, though its a gamble cause i could very well be charged each day that ive overstayed!!

Thanks for the quick reply :)

...but my last visa run to the cambodian border, (to where that massive market is) was horrible.

That sounds like Arranyaphratet, and is probably where you will go this time.

However an organised trip should avoid any hassles.

Jack's Golf and Sawasdee Travel both go to Baen Laem/ Pong nam ron. Much quieter. I use Sawasdee Travel as I don't like to get up for the Jack trip. SWT leave On Nut 8 am return 5 pm daily. Owner usually goes with the group which also makes me feel more secure. Hope this helps.

...but my last visa run to the cambodian border, (to where that massive market is) was horrible.

That sounds like Arranyaphratet, and is probably where you will go this time.

However an organised trip should avoid any hassles.

Yeah thats the place i went to and i dont recommend going there to anybody, especially if your travelling alone!

Jack's Golf and Sawasdee Travel both go to Baen Laem/ Pong nam ron. Much quieter. I use Sawasdee Travel as I don't like to get up for the Jack trip. SWT leave On Nut 8 am return 5 pm daily. Owner usually goes with the group which also makes me feel more secure. Hope this helps.

Sounds good.. can you please PM me a link to their website