Can Someone Please Look At This And Advise

Mercury

Sorry, I should have been more elaborate.

Yes, it is a PC, few month old Intel quad core HP Pavillion. The current HD, a Seagate 500GB is housed (when the side panel is removed), in the bottom left (essentially front) of the machine, in a cage like structure. This cage is secured but I am not sure how well, probably with only the visible screws and looks as though is would be a slide out job to gain complete access. Judging by the size of the current HD, there is room for 2 more of the same size as only approximately 1/3rd of the space is being used.

The MB has about 8 SATA slots, 2 of which are occupied, one being the original HD. Power is available from about 4 spare connections on the serial power loop thing. The cable would suit being straight ended rather than at 90 degrees. There is a lot of spare room in the housing.

It seems a simple job, but not one I have done before. I'm marginally concerned that I need to buy something else or some support for the HD. The cable looks right and I'm presuming that such a new HD will be "plug in and play" and the PC will just do everything it needs to.

Apparently this HD is in 2 * 500GB form ? not sure what that means or why it is better than 3 * 333 ?

If in Pattaya, I'd be down to Tukcom for them to sort it out. But I'm not.

Sorry, I should have been much more clear originally.

OK

You will need to take the other side of the case off as well.

The new disk will need 2 screws on each side.

Plug in the cable and away you go.

Possibly you will need the Control Panel/Admin Tools/Computer Management/Disk Management

to format each partition and give it a letter E: etc

2 * 500GB form

It sounds like a 1 terabyte disk, partitioned into two 500Gb sections.

That is fine. It will appear to windows as two disks once installed.

My HP was several generations ago but only one side had to be removed and the front panel. HD slid in with the two screws in side on a track that a plastic tab secured. Very simple operation and they have full instructions available on website if in any doubt.