Metallic Security Door - Bangkok - Pattaya

frenchFARANGbkk

I am also looking for what the OP is looking for. By weird I mean MOST of the doors they sell are made for door sizes in Russia which are WIDER than the standard Thai door openings. Thus to install you need to CUT out more space. Not good. They now have a few models closer to Thai size but I think they are little short so there is piece on the floor you need to walk over. I think most people want a door that fits in their current door opening, don't you? BTW, Scorpion has metal doors that they import, they are set sizes, they do NOT customize their metal doors.

Edited by Jingthing

I got a Scorpion metal door for my condo .Yes they had to cut the wall back to fit the door .I am very pleased with it .It came with two mortice locks .Its very secure and as its sealed all round keeps out any noise from the corridore .They have several models .I paid 16,000 for the door plus 2,000 fitting charge .

I am also looking for what the OP is looking for. By weird I mean MOST of the doors they sell are made for door sizes in Russia which are WIDER than the standard Thai door openings. Thus to install you need to CUT out more space. Not good. They now have a few models closer to Thai size but I think they are little short so there is piece on the floor you need to walk over. I think most people want a door that fits in their current door opening, don't you? BTW, Scorpion has metal doors that they import, they are set sizes, they do NOT customize their metal doors.

OK, I get your drift now. You are looking for something akin to an industrial-strength screen door that fits on the outside (or inside) of the existing main wood door? I guess the best source for that would be one of the regular 'gate and kamoy bars' manufacturers but stress the need for a precise fit, quality welding and liberal rust-inhibiting undercoating and quality paintwork. Could be a niche market do you think? How many condo doors are there in Pattaya? The critical part would be the hinges and locks and how well that could be fitted to an existing door frame. Do some condo's have rules about how ugly any doors can be like the 'lawn nazi' homeowners associations in the US that can dictate what color you paint your siding?

I think Scorpion imports their doors from China. I do now recall that they had some weird, low and wide doors when I worked there ages ago.

We had this metal door measured made and fitted within 24 hours ( the paint was still wet )

by small a company on South Pattaya rd.

3,500 baht..... fitted

post-2109-1254115292_thumb.jpg

พวงแก้ว การช่าง 577/1 หมู่ 10 พัทยาใต้ 038-427-571

We had this metal door measured made and fitted within 24 hours ( the paint was still wet )

by small a company on South Pattaya rd.

3,500 baht..... fitted

post-2109-1254115292_thumb.jpg

พวงแก้ว การช่าง 577/1 หมู่ 10 พัทยาใต้ 038-427-571

How many times a day you are allowed for a walk. :)

^ wow thats an ugly door .Do you live in Nirun Condos ? .

Scorpion doors mostly have a wooden door look .You need to tap them to know that they are heavy metal .In my Condo complex all new doors must be brown in colour ,match the other doors and open inwards .

Metallic security door - Bangkok - Pattaya - Do you know any shop to install a metallic door in Jomtien / Pattaya ?

Hi,

Do you know shops and prices to add a metallic door in front of condo wooden door ?

Thanks.

Just ask your neighbors who have installed such a door already.

• 11 months later...
Do you live in Nirun Condos ?

:):D nope where I live is worse than that :D

south Pattaya road next to friendship.

If I paint my door brown will it be less ugly ???

Brown springs to mind as a very appropriate colour for this door :D

why paint it they will only steal the paint :annoyed: