Contact Lenses In Pattaya

syd barrett

I sometimes wear disposable one-day contact lenses.

Where do you buy your contact lenses in Pattaya?

I would be grateful for feedback regarding availability/price/brand and location of retail outlets.

Thanks. :)

I use Acuvue monthly disposables from Beautiful Optical on 2nd Road near to Pattaya Tai junction, 1040 Baht for 6 pairs which lasts me 6 months. Dailies I think are quite a bit more expensive.

I myself am also a "Beautiful Optical" customer but at the Jomtien branch (close to the Welcome To Jomtien Arch) but have also in the past

bought from Pattaya Klang, close to Tops Supermarket and found their pricing to be consistent regardless of the branch.

I too use "monthly" soft contacts and they are a bit cheaper in the long run than the "Dailies" that are also sold. Forget the price, sorry, but the prices from what I remember seem fair enough and you can't go too far wrong with the "FOCUS" brand of monthly contacts :)

I would be grateful for feedback regarding availability/price/brand and location of retail outlets.

Thanks. :D

Hi,

Sorry I don't know about the one-day contacts. But, for one-month contacts (if it's of any help to you), my TGF buys Baush & Lomb at the optical shop at The Avenue, around the corner from Villa Market. They cost 180 baht/ pair. Since she's quite careful about over-paying in general, I figure that's most likely a pretty good deal. Maybe the shop has good prices on the one-day jobs. Good luck!

PS- And, keep those restaurant reviews comin' in... outstanding!

:)

Edited by Michaelaway

Does anyone know how easy it is to get toric (astigmatism) lenses in Pattaya/Thailand? If so, any idea of costs?

Many thanks!

I am far sighted, and use soft toric lenses (Astigmatism) one month disposable. I have a plus and minus in each eye, so I use the mono vision lenses. My reading lense is in the left eye, and distance in the right eye. They cannot be made in thailand, so i order them from the States using saveonlens.com. The brand I use is coopervision 55 and the cost for four boxes which is a one yr supply is $192.00. Been using them for yrs. if you need any other info pm me.

Barry

CONTACT LENS UPDATE: September 28th 2009

I eventually followed the above advice and went to 'Beautiful Optical' I didn't realise that they had so many branches in Pattaya!

They have two types of daily-wear lenses on sale:

DUNA brand priced at 540 Baht per box (30 days) (one eye).

FOCUS DAILIES brand priced at 590 Baht per box (30 days) (one eye).

The monthly lenses would work out much cheaper but I always end up with very sore (infected?) eyes because I believe they are difficult to clean properley in the tropics.

Thanks for all feedback. :)

I am far sighted, and use soft toric lenses (Astigmatism) one month disposable. I have a plus and minus in each eye, so I use the mono vision lenses. My reading lense is in the left eye, and distance in the right eye. They cannot be made in thailand, so i order them from the States using saveonlens.com. The brand I use is coopervision 55 and the cost for four boxes which is a one yr supply is $192.00. Been using them for yrs. if you need any other info pm me.

Barry

Hi Barry,

Thanks for that. I'd be very interested in the details. I'm currently using Proclear toric lenses but am sure I could use another brand so long as the prescription is right. So from your experience are toric lenses just not available in Thailand?

Many thanks,

Mark

I've used the DUNA one-month lenses for about 3 years. Very happy with them.

Almost any Top-Charoen Optical shop has them, but the best stock I've found is at the Top Charoen on Beach Rd. just south of Mike's Mall.

If they don't have your power, they'll call and send a courier to a nearby shop or special-order them from Bangkok.

Normal price is 195 Baht, but they'll discount 10% to 176 Baht if you tell them someone you know got that price.

The daily DUNA's are considerably more expensive.

Normal price is 195 Baht, but they'll discount 10% to 176 Baht if you tell them someone you know got that price.

The daily DUNA's are considerably more expensive.

The daily 30 day packs cost 540-590 per box.

You say the monthly cost 195 Baht per box.

Don't you think that it is safer and much more beneficial to the human eyes to pay an extra 350 Baht plus for daily-wear? You also save money on cleaning fluid, protein remover and lens cases and damage or loss of the (monthly) lenses is negated.

"Don't you think that it is safer and much more beneficial to the human eyes to pay an extra 350 Baht plus for daily-wear?"

I'm not an Ophthalmologist, so I wouldn't know if your assumption is a good one or not, but I was wearing them long before the daily throw-aways became available and I've seen no reason to change.

But then, I don't always rush out and buy every new-new hot-hot whiz-bang gadget that becomes available, so maybe I'm living in the stone age :)

Barry

Hi Barry,

Thanks for that. I'd be very interested in the details. I'm currently using Proclear toric lenses but am sure I could use another brand so long as the prescription is right. So from your experience are toric lenses just not available in Thailand?

Many thanks,

Mark

One of TV's advertisers here claims to offer toric lenses:

http://www.ta-to.com/product_detail.php?lang=en&id=22

I think Toric lenses are offered in Thailand, but my problem is I use the monovision toric lenses. My Prescription has a plus and a minus in each eye, and they cannot make that prescription in Thailand. They can do the plus, but not the minus. I'm far sighted, so I need one contact for reading, and the other for distance. Works good for me, but only about 20% of the people that are far sighted can wear these type of lenses, because they make most people dizzy.

Barry

• 2 weeks later...

Barry

Hi Barry,

Many thanks,

Mark

One of TV's advertisers here claims to offer toric lenses:

http://www.ta-to.com/product_detail.php?lang=en&id=22

Hi,

Thanks for the link... I'll definitely check those out.

Thanks again,

Mark )

Thanks. :)

For me it's usually Charon Optical.

The prices are roughly the same across the board I think.