Ubon Swimming Pool

wornoutcowboy

The sports university across the road from Tesco Lotus has a decent sized real swimming pool. I think it is closed on Mondays and also closes for a few hours during the day I think so the students can use it. It doesn't have lifeguards or decent changing facilities but the pool itself is ok. I have been sometimes when busy with kids getting swimming lessons and other times when it is empty.

The Sports and Tourism school across from Tesco Lotus might be your best bet. But I am not sure of the best times. There is also a good one for lap swimming at Narenakul School on Chaeng Sanit Rd just south of the clock tower by Ying Charoen Park (SK Mall).

Sunee Grand, Ubon International hotels have pools but they don't regulate at all and it's free swimming with kids playing that you would have to swim around.

I have been told there is one in Warin Chamrup as well just over the river.

There is indeed a nice, clean Olympic-sized community pool in Warin. It's located at the intersection of Thetsaban 5 and Meesuk Roads, adjacent to some tennis courts and a public park, about three blocks east of (i.e., behind) the big Home Something store on the north/south main drag.

While we were visiting the ancestral home in June-July, my wife and kids and I went nearly every day, and we had the place basically to ourselves before 4-4:30, when the swim teamers start showing up as the sun goes down.

The pool opens between noon and 1pm, and costs 35 baht a head, as I recall, ten baht more if you don't have your own (mandatory) swim cap and need to rent one.

• 2 weeks later...
The sports university across the road from Tesco Lotus has a decent sized real swimming pool. I think it is closed on Mondays and also closes for a few hours during the day

It appears to be officially open from 06:00 - 09:00 and 15:00 - 20:00, although it was still possible to get inside between these hours.

Are there lockers inside the change rooms?

Does anyone know what the deal with the running track and soccer oval is? Is it open to the public in the mornings?

• 2 weeks later...