Nfl In Bangkok

thetitan99

I am a HUGE Vikings fan and have NFL on ASN (All Sports Network) at my house. The problem is I have to fly to Bangkok DURING the Vikings/Packers Monday Night Football game on Tuesday morning (8:30 am). If your familiar with American football, the Vikings and Packers, and at the same time even a remotely empathetic person, you'll realize the tragedy of this situation. One day a year, huh?

The good news is this, the game will be replayed at 8:00 pm the night of the 6th, Tuesday. What I'm hoping for is the location of a bar, restaurant, guest house, hotel, prison, brothel, food cart,etc.(you get my meaning I think) that FOR SURE will be playing that game. The Sukhumvit area would be a real plus, but I'll go where ever it takes. This wouldn't be so urgent since they have more than one replay of that game during the week, but I have to fly to England the next day and won't be able to see any of the later replays. It seems to me there would be a sports bar somewhere that would be playing this but I need to know for sure. Other places in Thailand that I've been say they will play it and then half way through the game the channel gets switched to women's Korean Badminton or Real Madrid football or something equally ridiculous. I need to be sure cause I can't miss a play of this one!!

Come on folks and help me out!! Meet me there and I'll buy you a beer or 10!!

I DO want to watch this game at 7:30 in the morning live on ASN, so anyone knowing any bar showing the game live, please let me know. Preferably a place where the folk know a thing or two about football and if by some chance in the world maybe even meet a Vikings or Packers fan to talk some trash with. Baring that, I will opt to watch it at home in HD, with the help of a torrent download sited called tenyardtorrents.com. thetitan99, you owe me a beer.

I am a HUGE Vikings fan and have NFL on ASN (All Sports Network) at my house. The problem is I have to fly to Bangkok DURING the Vikings/Packers Monday Night Football game on Tuesday morning (8:30 am). If your familiar with American football, the Vikings and Packers, and at the same time even a remotely empathetic person, you'll realize the tragedy of this situation. One day a year, huh?

The good news is this, the game will be replayed at 8:00 pm the night of the 6th, Tuesday. What I'm hoping for is the location of a bar, restaurant, guest house, hotel, prison, brothel, food cart,etc.(you get my meaning I think) that FOR SURE will be playing that game. The Sukhumvit area would be a real plus, but I'll go where ever it takes. This wouldn't be so urgent since they have more than one replay of that game during the week, but I have to fly to England the next day and won't be able to see any of the later replays. It seems to me there would be a sports bar somewhere that would be playing this but I need to know for sure. Other places in Thailand that I've been say they will play it and then half way through the game the channel gets switched to women's Korean Badminton or Real Madrid football or something equally ridiculous. I need to be sure cause I can't miss a play of this one!!

Hi, I just posted in the big American football thread, here was my last graph.

"Also looking forward to that MNF game between the Vikes and the Pack. I'm a 49ers fan, but strange to say, I don't feel that bad about what Favre pulled on them last week. I've always liked him, before last week the guy was still a top ten quarterback, and am glad to see him back. He should have been with the Vikes last year anyway, it just has happened a year late."

Yeah, I want to see that game, too, and I'll be rooting for the Vikings, bigtime. And I don't have ASN, I'm visiting as well. I'll be 'on the ground' a couple days prior, scoping out the the area, do some recon. There are some possibilities, but I want to make sure to be in a place where they'll no issues about putting the audio on, got to have the announcers for this one!

Titan, if you want to PM me for contact details, fine, and we can catch up on Tuesday. If anyone else in interested, jump in, there's more power with numbers. I hear there's some kind of effort going in Green Bay right now for a mass burning of Favre Packers merchandise!

I am not in BKK right now, but I think it's great that they are playing the games on TV there. I'm a Bronco fan from way back, and they won the superbowl this year - on my version of Madden 10 NFL on the iPhone:) But I had to sign on T. Brady at the beginning of the season or it would have never happened. Btw, does anyone know where to get good bittorrents of NFL games on the web? I'm in Nepal, and there is no way to get the games live here...and some of the torrents I've tried this season are just pathetic (missing plays/bad quality/etc.). Thx!!!

Packer Fan who is also looking for somewhere to watch the game. I don't really care if it is at 7am or 8 pm Tuesday night for the replay, I'm just looking for some other fans to watch a game with. Let me know if you guys are meeting up somewhere because I would love to join. Thanks

I too have ASN at home in BKK, so I'm not usually looking for outside places to catch my NFL this season. However, there are a couple places in BKK that are supposed to be pretty reliable for showing NFL games, especially in the evenings.

One is Bradman's Sports Bistro... Suk Soi 23....

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 06

02:00 am Football EPL: Aston Villa vs Man City

07:30 am American Football NFL: Greenbay Packers vs Minnesota Vikings

Their web site schedule shows them airing the MNF game live here on Tuesday morning, but not any replay later. But assuming they can access ASN on cable, you should be able to catch the ASN replay in the evening. Might want to check with them to confirm.

Another is the Woodstock Pub, on Soi Thong Lor 13

Live sports on a HUGE screen

And the third floor is the "Sports Lounge" with its own bar, a large screen projector TV - where hard-to-find live sporting events including ice hockey, rugby, cricket & F1 are shown - and comfy leather sofas, perfect for special events and parties ! Check out the specials page for a schedule of sporting events.

They don't show any schedule details on their web site, but again, if ASN is doing a Tuesday evening replay, Woodstock ought to be able to access it.

I am flying into bkk tomorrow (5th). I was looking for hotels that might show the game, but it looks like i might just head to Bradmans around 7am. Hope to see some Packers fans there. Im from Minnesota, but have always loved the Packers so this is the biggest game of my life.

Just wondering if anybody is for sure going on Tuesday? I plan to on being there. The game is going broadcasted in just Enlgish right? I can catch some football replays at my apartment sometimes but they are dubbed over in Thai.

The Sports Bar at Sukhumvit 20 will probably show the replay on Tuesday night. The owner is American so chances are excellent since they show most American football games there. Beer is cheap as well!

Edited by mauiguy90