Seasonal Allergy

cloudhopper

Hi ever since moving up north 6 years ago I developed a severe allergy to something every year around this time. Seems worse in the middle of the night but I can control the symptoms with antihistamines. Anyway, has anyone ever been tested positive for a specific allergen and then been successfully desensitized at a clinic in CM?

I used to suffer from terrible hay fever when I was about 7-10 yrs old. Nothing could get rid of it.

One year my aunt told me to cut out all refined foods especially white/processed sugar and flour.

So basically ate fruit,veg, bread with unprocessed flour etc etc.

That year had no hayfever and never suffered from it since.

When I switched diet back to normal it never came back.

Anyway it worked for me, but you need to change the diet longterm at least until symptoms go.

I have bouts of hay fever in CM, but not as bad as I did when I lived in Auckland. I currently use an antihistamine (Razene~Cetirizine Hydrochloride 10mg) on the bad days. It doesnt make me drowsy as previous ones Ive taken.

Im sure its the pollen with me as my bouts come on during spring/summer.

Im back in Akl soon so will see if my hay fever starts up.

Get the same here in Phuket (Patong) with itchy eyes and runny nose around late Sept/October. Got it really bad last time so went on Clarinase which fixes it one day at a time..........but wonder which plant causes it???