Off To The Vac Tommorow

Hi Guys,

I am taking the mrs to the VAC tommorow to submit her settlement visa application for the UK.

I think I have everything but would appreciate it if someone spots a glaring error, letting me know.

Our slight difference is that I have lived and worked in Thailand for the last 3 years so accomodation and employment status is a liitle different.

Cover letter

My passport

Birth certificate

Thai work permit

Company papers

Letter from mother saying we can stay temporarily

Details & photos of 3 bed house

council tax bill

utility bill

land registry document

Letter confirming offer of employment in UK for me and salary details

Thai bank books for both showing about 200k Baht

Current vehicle loan agreement (Thai)

Copies of old emails to each other

All entry & exit stamps

photos of the last 3 years

Marriage certificate

Copies of house rental agreements

Copy of her UK tourist visa which I sponsored in 2007 and we visted the UK together

My divorce cert

All pages from passports

TB certificate

Joint car insurance document

My Thai driving licence

Her ID card

Her birth cert

Her tabian baan

Her professional qualifications

Obviously photo, payment and application form

Anything you think I am missing?

Many thanks

HoJo

The VAC's checklist for settlement visa can be seen if you follow the link below:

http://www.ukvac-th.com/images/SpouseAndCivilPartner.pdf

As for accomodation, it would be necessary to show (with evidence) how many people live in your mother's three bedroomed house as there are set minimum requirements;see UKBA website for details. Trust, there's no mortgage involved,thus you're showing the Land Registry documents as to ownership. If you have any UK investments/assets it would be sensible to provide such evidence as it appears there's no UK income of any sort at the moment; hence, it may be important to show how soon you could start the job offered to you. Of course,the other important evidence should be to confirm your marriage is genuine & subsisting.Good Luck.

As far as payment is concerned,make sure you have a bank draft.When I went there with my wife a few weeks ago,I assumed you could pay cash,and didn't have a bank draft.You can get one from a bank on the ground floor as you go into the Vac.Costs 20B, and luckily took only a few minutes,obviously they are used to doing them