Board Games (monopoly Etc.)

ChiangMaiFun

You can buy board games (Monopoly, connect four, scrabble etc) in the toy section on the 3rd floor of Central KSK. Before you buy though, check the B2S stationary shop next to it, as they have several board games at the very back for much less (Cheaper brand copies of games like connect four).

Edit: I also saw the Thai version of Monopoly (as well as the original) there, using Bangkok Streets. :)

Edited by eek

If there was a Thai version of the game monopoly, I suppose it would be, go to jail, go directly to jail, or pay the corrupt policeman 40000 baht.

The 4 tokens would be, a monk, a tuk tuk, jing jok and a temple.

But a Thai version of the game would never take off, because there are no properties in Thailand worth buying.

If there was a Thai version of the game monopoly, I suppose it would be, go to jail, go directly to jail, or pay the corrupt policeman 40000 baht.

But a Thai version of the game would never take off, because there are no properties in Thailand worth buying.

As a foreigner you wouldn't be allowed to buy them anyway! :)

You can buy board games (Monopoly, connect four, scrabble etc) in the toy section on the 3rd floor of Central KSK. Before you buy though, check the B2S stationary shop next to it, as they have several board games at the very back for much less (Cheaper brand copies of games like connect four).

Edit: I also saw the Thai version of Monopoly (as well as the original) there, using Bangkok Streets. :)

jing jing? I looked there and could not find any in the major toy board section - just kids board games... there was one Monopoly but it was American streets not the original version I was hoping to find (pass Mayfair collect £200 etc.)

but I guess beggars cannot be choosers chaimai?

thanks for info

Hmmm could be based on condos... pass Hillside and collect 200 TBH?

anyway not sure about your last comment about nothing worth buying - anyhow funny post and like the Policeman swipe :)

jing jing? I looked there and could not find any in the major toy board section - just kids board games... there was one Monopoly but it was American streets not the original version I was hoping to find (pass Mayfair collect £200 etc.)

but I guess beggars cannot be choosers chaimai?

thanks for info

Isn't the American version the original version?

have u seen this one LOL

i cant post a link because its a new account but google.........chiangmaiopoly

Become a Chiang Mai bar tycoon - taking out leases on bars, taking your chances with the Up To You cards, and having a laugh with the TIT (This Is Thailand) cards: get caught up with a surprise Katoey, have the family Buffalo die, get forced to head off on time-wasting visa runs, buy gold for your loved one, cash in your life insurance, have a special massage... all the old cliches are here! Enjoy... . . . Click to see some of the cards.

Edited by nattydread