Where To Buy A New Original Iphone 3gs?

I am going to buy an iPhone 3GS. I would like to have a new and original one so neither second hand nor any chinese fakes. Can someone recommend where to buy it? Is MBK a good place? Buy it at True (or do I need to be their customer)?

Do I need a jailbreak or unlock? I've heard of it but according to Wikipedia a jailbreak isn't needed in Thailand as they are not allowed to bind a device to a certain SIM card here.

Is it furthermore possible to customize the cover?

Was at 3 true shops yesterday. None had stock, none new when they were getting more stock.

Went to MBK got 2 16gb Hong Kong Official unlocked instead for 26500 each.

Slightly more expensive....but dealing with True....I'd rather pay the extra :)

Why? I mean, I will not subscribe any of their services, just wanna get the device and that's it, so (if they are really that unprofessional like people say here) I actually would never have to deal with them again.

So if someone knows more about when they have stock again I would be glad about an update :-)

Does someone know how/where to jailbreak an iPhone 3GS here (I do not mean unlock, but jailbreak)?

I was at the True counter at Tesco Lotus today and they called some of the major shops. All out of stock. :-( However, they told there will be a big event at Queen Sirikit beginning of october; not sure if it is a True event, iPhone event or cellphone fair; but they said there will be iPhones on stock. Of course, not sure if we should believe in that. It might have been a trick of that gay guy to get my number :)

Was at 3 true shops yesterday. None had stock, none new when they were getting more stock.

Went to MBK got 2 16gb Hong Kong Official unlocked instead for 26500 each.

True price excluding tax is 24500, including tax 26 215... so the HK price is rather excellent, I'd say. The only thing you lose is the 1 y warranty.

^maybe - dont know until you try it!

maybe I have a bridge to sell you.... good price, too! wanna try :)

Anyway, I agree, they're all scams. All of these sites sell the DEV team official unlock to people who don't know that they can get the same thing for free.

True price excluding tax is 24500, including tax 26 215... so the HK price is rather excellent, I'd say. The only thing you lose is the 1 y warranty.

Yeh the shop in MBK B13 unit. Good service from Kung and also they do iphone repairs there while you wait. Warranty is provided by them for 1 year rather than apple thats the only drawback.

Edited by namoo

Just put your sim card in it.

Check there is No Cydia installous installed on the phone.

Also if you ask for a 3GS with 3.1 firmware it will be an officially unlocked as the 3GS Jailbreak has not been released yet.

Buy from the above shop you if you are feeling insecure. They are decent and wont rip u off.

Edited by namoo