Dipping Tobacco, Mmmmm....

Just having a nice dazed dip of Kodiak Wintergreen after a few glasses of Maker's Mark... Heaven... maybe with a trip to Heaven on Sukhumvit later now that I think of it... here on a rather casual Wednesday evening.

Any well padded entrepreneurs in the house who can bring this stuff to market? I'm not talking that Viking Swedish Snus stuff the guys over in Pak Chong are doing. But real American Kodiak (or whatever brand).

Super easy to market. You're going to have to give away a lot of booze and free product, but hey, it's super addictive. I can't resist a dabble once in awhile in country despite being away from Texas for most of the year....I even dream about it from time to time. About 2 glasses of any bourbon or whisky neat or on the rocks followed by just a few grams of this stuff, of course served by Chivas, Jack Daniels, or JW Black type gals. The closest thing you can get to cutting up lines or mainlining in a public place. That's biologically programmed customer loyalty.

Would do it myself, but you know the deal...

Back to my indulgence....

:)

Edited by Heng

The import, sale and production of smokeless tobacco products has been banned in Thailand since ~ 1992. The U.S.A. had tried to break this ban, as they did with cigarettes (monopoly), unsuccessfully, perhaps owing to very little market potential. Further the promotion of tobacco products (free giveaways, etc.) is also banned.

Personally I would prefer people use smokeless tobacco products rather than smoking.

Personally I would prefer people use smokeless tobacco products rather than smoking.

I dont know.....

I had a pal who was a baseball player. Chewing is big with them....

But man once he had a office job he kept this coffee cup on his desk for the spit :D

Dayuum that sheet is foul foul foul...At least smoke drifts away. That sputum stays :):D

The import, sale and production of smokeless tobacco products has been banned in Thailand since ~ 1992. The U.S.A. had tried to break this ban, as they did with cigarettes (monopoly), unsuccessfully, perhaps owing to very little market potential. Further the promotion of tobacco products (free giveaways, etc.) is also banned.

Yeah, you'd have to do it with TTM permission, perhaps a gov't concession of some kind.

Keep it indoors then, before bedtime, before going to work, whenever. Plenty of old folks are already predisposed to chewing 'mark' that they may as well be dipping.

Compare to lao kao... there's nothing cool or fashionable about it either, but you'll find it moving well out of every minimart and supermarket. May as well put them next to each other on the shelf behind one of those (tobacco sold here signs).

Yeah, grandma introduces it to their grandkids... here's a mini snuff packet for you to take to school...

Anyway, one of the upsides is that everything you need materials/ingredients wise is already here. One just needs the connections to get the TTM okay. And like most things, there's a price for everything.

i think it would have to be the dip in those small packets, rather than loose 'leaf' with bits going everywhere. Maybe the small put in your mouth packets could be marketed to the younger crowd, along the lines of heng anti hangover beverage, which sort of created a new market by rebranding the standard energy drink.

Yeah, the smaller packets are more convenient, but I think slightly less addictive.... I think the pouches sometimes prevent some of the included abrasives from creating the max amount of micro-wounds for nicotine absorpsion. No reason why there can't be several offshoots product line wise though. Anyhoo, just some snuff for thought is all...

Edited by Heng

Yeah, the smaller packets are more convenient, but I think slightly less addictive.... I think the pouches sometimes prevent some of the included abrasives from creating the max amount of micro-wounds for nicotine absorpsion. No reason why there can't be several offshoots product line wise though. Anyhoo, just some snuff for thought is all...

I am sure some members of the forum that live up north can explain a bit better than me but the Thai's already have numerous amounts of addictive chewing materials at super cheap prices that are not illegal. Go to any outside market and there are heaps of different things. Even though I have only seen them up north I am sure that they are available in the big city. Edited by barrella

I am sure some members of the forum that live up north can explain a bit better than me but the Thai's already have numerous amounts of addictive chewing materials at super cheap prices that are not illegal. Go to any outside market and there are heaps of different things. Even though I have only seen them up north I am sure that they are available in the big city.

Yeah, I've seen them, I too know old people. Still just because they can buy homemade moonshine streetside and chew twigs, it hasn't made Boonrawd, ThaiBev, and or course the TTM anything less than huge financial goliaths.

:D

You could setup a shop where customers get a discount when they purchase a can of Grizzly, a John Deer hat and a pair of dungarees together.

hahahhahhaahahahhaha..... that made the 'Merican me laugh, dave :)

Also, I just think it's funny to look at the pictures of "The Borg" and "Dr. House" talking back and forth....

Heng, c'mon you haven't jumped on the snus bandwagon???? Kodiak??? Do you also use the ones that come inside the little pouches for girly-men? :D

16052009130.th.jpg

Yeah, grandma introduces it to their grandkids... here's a mini snuff packet for you to take to school...

Anyway, one of the upsides is that everything you need materials/ingredients wise is already here. One just needs the connections to get the TTM okay. And like most things, there's a price for everything.

you are pure evil, Heng

One of the reasons I never advocated the privatisation of TTM were so they would remain incompetent. Last thing you want are entrenpaneurs getting jiggy with them! Best to have some slow witted kah-rachkarn who couldn't organise a root in a brothel run TTM, for the sake of Thailands health.

Edited by samran

you are pure evil, Heng

One of the reasons I never advocated the privatisation of TTM were so they would remain incompetent. Last thing you want are entrenpaneurs getting jiggy with them! Best to have some slow witted kah-rachkarn who couldn't organise a root in a brothel run TTM, for the sake of Thailands health.

Nah, just mostly evil with a hint of good. As for the kah-rachkarn baby grip hold on their various fiefdoms, it's only a matter of time IMO.

And then we can start bringing quality tobacco products to market. Perhaps we can even get some seed capital/tech know how from Phil Morris and/or Conwood and then backstab them later Thaksin style.

Edited by Heng