Rain

gotlost

Looking north from Mae Taeng there are lots of dark clouds. From weather radar, it looks like the seasonal instability is starting to build so there is hope although it is dry here so far. Sure is nice to have air that is a bit better, but if it stays dry, we could be back to gag-ville again.

post-498-0-39819000-1331552953_thumb.png

... If it does rain, be VERY careful on the roads. A little rain after such a long period of dryness and dust around will create an ice-like slick on many roads. Very easy to have an accident, especially on motorbikes.
Sawasdee Khrup Khun Winnie the Khwai,

I am curious (pollution yellow): would this "ice-like slick" be caused by the release of oil leaked on to the streets or highways which has not been washed away ?

I am trying, without success, to complete the following sentence: " ######## in Thailand is like an ice-slick."

:)

best, ~o:37;

... If it does rain, be VERY careful on the roads. A little rain after such a long period of dryness and dust around will create an ice-like slick on many roads. Very easy to have an accident, especially on motorbikes.
Sawasdee Khrup Khun Winnie the Khwai,

I am curious (pollution yellow): would this "ice-like slick" be caused by the release of oil leaked on to the streets or highways which has not been washed away ?

I am trying, without success, to complete the following sentence: " ######## in Thailand is like an ice-slick."

No need for oil, just the super fine dust and sand that gets moist will form a very slippery mud-film coating on roads especially just off the area where cars/bikes usually drive.

Go try it some time when you do get rain in town.. It's the only time you can do donuts in an Isuzu truck. ;)

(Ok, slight over-statement, but be careful on bikes.)

• Like 1

In the Thai papers it was reported that the rain yesterday was artificial. Did anyone else read this? I was actually saying this lastweek. That it would be a smart move by the government to use their rain making machines (the Kings Invention) to force the rain in the Northern provinces. They will use it to save farmer's crops from drought but why not our lives.

It seemed to help a little though. There is slightly better visibility today at least. I hope they keep it up.

In the Thai papers it was reported that the rain yesterday was artificial. Did anyone else read this? I was actually saying this lastweek. That it would be a smart move by the government to use their rain making machines (the Kings Invention) to force the rain in the Northern provinces. They will use it to save farmer's crops from drought but why not our lives.

It seemed to help a little though. There is slightly better visibility today at least. I hope they keep it up.

It was my understanding that several rain making planes were deployed in Phitsanulok last week,but as to where they headed I am unsure,I know they headed west to Lom sak ,Phetchabun and as far up as Lamphun province so yes maybe more were deployed further north,a combination of them and some luck maybe ?

In the Thai papers it was reported that the rain yesterday was artificial. Did anyone else read this?

LOL, right, face saving in action. rolleyes.gif

Best not to argue against it too hard though.

But between us, you can't make rain without sufficient moisture in the air, and this happened over the weekend. Also one look at the rain radar will tell you that rain falls in lots of places, over unpopulated mountain areas first.

Yup. rolleyes.gif wink wink.

More 'results' on the way as we speak. smile.png

post-64232-0-35914900-1331628758_thumb.p

Also, I'm getting more and more convinced that it's not actually the rain that brings the improvement, but the change of winds that, as a consequence, ALSO brings rain. You saw it clear up even before there was a spot of rain on Sunday.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

HERE WE GO FOR ANOTHER ROUND...!

Thunder & Lightning!!

Well, just thunder. But you can't have thunder without lightning, actually.

Bring it on..

Not surprisingly as thunder is just the sound of lightning....

..or is lightning the visible aspect of an electric discharge, that also produce shockwaves in the air which we pick up as sound...

Anyway, there was a LOT of rain in the Sanpietong area this afternoon.

Now enjoying rainy-season type cooling down breeze.. lovely.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

..or is lightning the visible aspect of an electric discharge, that also produce shockwaves in the air which we pick up as sound...

Anyway, there was a LOT of rain in the Sanpietong area this afternoon.

Now enjoying rainy-season type cooling down breeze.. lovely.

I live in Nimman no rain only brutal humidity so hot I had to take a cold shower from my expensive rain shower set this evening. If you live in Sanpatong then you are lucky.

More rain coming up, it's raining here as we speak. Lovely breeze.. I picked the corner room at my house with windows on two sides to catch the breeze. Heaven..

Looking at the radar this shower may make it all the way into town to you city dwellers.. ;)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai