90 Day Reporting Of Address

I've had a non imm O for five years ( renewed annually on the basis of retirement).I have only ever had to do the 90 day report a couple of times,as I'm very rarely in Thailand for 90 days at a time.I last came into Thailand on the 4th June,but one month later (on July4) I went to Jomtien and renewed my permission to stay(until 7 July 2010).I assumed that I should then report 90 days after the day I completed the renewal,which would mean I am still in time,but I have been told by someone else that I should have gone 90 days after the 4th June,hence I have missed the 90 days and will be fined 2000B.Obviously at renewal,I told them where I was living,and provided proof as requested,but didn't fill out the TM 47.Does anyone know which view is correct?If I have missed the date,my only other option,as I am leaving Thailand again shortly,is to not report,and hope that it is never picked up on.

Renewing your extension of stay does not reset the 90 day address reporting clock. You should have reported your address to immigration 90 days (+/- 7 days) from 4th June. You will be fined 2,000 baht for late reporting if you go to immigration and ‘fess up, but as you plan to travel abroad shortly I would take the chance that it will not be spotted by airport immigration on departure. Your next report would be due 90 days from re-entry, the day of re-entry being counted as day 1.

Applying for an extension does not count as a 90 day report . They are two separate things.

Yes you are late. 2,000 Baht fine. :)

I agree with Lite, two seperate task that need to be done. I almost got nailed on my first Visa extension but the nice lady let me off the hook. Krap khun krab!

Leaving the country "resets" the 90 day clock, so it has the same effect as making a reprt.

I would take the gamble and just leave. No problem at airport. When report next time DO NOT show the last report slip!

If they do check back, you'll have to pay the 2K, but I would say it's a 50/50 gamble.

opalhort

Once, and maybe twice, the Korat office gave me a new reporting date at the same time I was doing a renewal. That was without asking for it.

I think you have a better chance of them doing that for you at a smaller office.

For the Jomtien Immigration Office, is it for certain that the 90 day report date is reset after a trip out of Thailand? The reason I ask is that it was said before that you have to report within 48 hours of arrival. I have done this twice and each time I asked if this was necessary I received just a smile and thank you - no answer. Has anyone actually left Thailand, and reported 90 days after arrival to Jomtien?

Once, and maybe twice, the Korat office gave me a new reporting date at the same time I was doing a renewal. That was without asking for it.

I think you have a better chance of them doing that for you at a smaller office.

It might add to the confusion but while extending my stay based on retirement, last yaer in Nongkhai and this year in Buengkan, I was given the TM47 form to fill and 90 days after my extending date was the new reporting date. :)

It might add to the confusion but while extending my stay based on retirement, last yaer in Nongkhai and this year in Buengkan, I was given the TM47 form to fill and 90 days after my extending date was the new reporting date. :)

Same happened to me in Mukdahan last week. So even immigration officials are inconsistent or ignorant of when to start the 90-day

counter.

The question now is, do you fly with their new wrong date? Or do you disregard their date and doggedly keep counting from your last entry into Thailand? I know, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

What would you do?

Tell me about this please. I went for my ninty day report few days ago in ayutthaya but I also got a re entry stamp, I leave 4 days after the last 90day date on my deperature card, 4th October. I never got the 90 receipt slip back. Did they make a mistake at immigration by not giving it to me? I dont want a fine when I am at the airport.

Edited by sunnymarky

Tell me about this please. I went for my ninty day report few days ago in ayutthaya but I also got a re entry stamp, I leave 4 days after the last 90day date on my deperature card, 4th October. I never got the 90 receipt slip back. Did they make a mistake at immigration by not giving it to me? I dont want a fine when I am at the airport.

Yes, they made a serious mistake by not giving you a receipt. You made a more serious mistake by leaving without one. Expect to pay a hefty fine for their (and your) error. TIT.

For the Jomtien Immigration Office, is it for certain that the 90 day report date is reset after a trip out of Thailand? The reason I ask is that it was said before that you have to report within 48 hours of arrival. I have done this twice and each time I asked if this was necessary I received just a smile and thank you - no answer. Has anyone actually left Thailand, and reported 90 days after arrival to Jomtien?

It is certain.

They smiled because they didn't want to insult you for wasting your time (and/or didn't understand you/didn't care).

Yes, I have done so. It is the correct way; the time clock is reset.

Edited by Jingthing

I do not know what you are talking about when you say 90 day stamp on your departure card. Are you talking about an arrival date? If you just arrived on 4 October you will not be due a 90 day report until 90 days later (day of arrival is a new day one of a 90 day count).