Yellow Tabien Baan (in Samutprakarn)

Hi all,

I have searched the Thai Visa archives and found a lot of posts and useful information about the Yellow Tabien Baan.

However one thing that stands out in a lot of the threads is that the paperwork to be issued, the time the process takes and the actual procedure varies between each regional office.

Therefore has anyone gone through this process in the Pak Nam office (Sala Klang)?

If so what paper work was needed, how long did it take, any problems, any useful tips, etc.?

I would appreciate any feedback on the process with the Pak Nam office.

Thanks in advance,

Tiger.

Yes, recently and the process is known by the staff in that office and relatively straight forward although time consuming.

Start with the following documents translated into thai and stamped by the consular department office at Chaeng Wattana street.

- Front page of your passport. If you get someone to do this, check that they've spelled your name correctly in Thai or else it'll be incorrect in the house registration book.

- Birth Certificate. If you don't have one then another document with your parents names transliterated into Thai, which has then been stamped by the cousular dept. I used an old declaration that was required before I was married. This had the stamp of both the Consular department and the local district office where I was married on it to verify the statement. This was accepted instead of b/certificate.

- Wedding certificate (if married)

Then they'll need to see the house owner and the blue book to be presented in person. Some other copies of passport pages such as visa stamps, lastest entry stamp, The house owners Thai ID card (if the owner is Thai). They'll also require some other information to put into the computer, like occupation (although this do not appear in the book) and perhaps some other family related questions which don't require paper verification.

You'll also need a current photograph, size about 1 inch (although you might need to check this). The day when I went in, they were not terribly busy although this collecting of documents and questions took about 45 mins to an hour. They said this would take about 10days to go through an approval process. As it happened they called up 2 days later to confirm the yellow and blue book was ready to pick up

The cost is free.

Edited by Time Traveller

Hi Time Traveller,

Thank you for taking time out to write all of this information, it is very appreciated.

I will start to put together my paperwork and hopefully get this process started within the next 2weeks (busy time at work at the moment).

Regards,

Tiger.