Baby

milkycheese

Hi TV PPL

To cut the chase, I am married and got a girlfriend (Gik) pregnant. She is threatening to contact my government and make me pay money for this child that maybe mine? What are my rights as I never asked for this weight upon myself. I will do what is right but feel trapped as it was not wanted.

Hi TV PPL

To cut the chase, I am married and got a girlfriend (Gik) pregnant. She is threatening to contact my government and make me pay money for this child that maybe mine? What are my rights as I never asked for this weight upon myself. I will do what is right but feel trapped as it was not wanted.

Tricky position to be in anywhere in the world. Ur rights? Not sure exactly what you are refering to but if the baby is urs and she follows the pregnancy trough then there is a chance that u might have to pay for it. (remember its ur child to) The argument that u didnt want this isnt really vallid since u had sex without proper precautions...and has anyway absolutely no legal bearing. U cant legaly force her to abortion.

Is what u want to know whats the risk that u have to pay up? What to do to avoid it..?

1 Is it really ur baby?

2 Does she know all ur data? Name, nationality etc...

3 Where are u from? Treaties regulate childsupport and such and thailand didnt sign up to some international treaties like the hague. That could be good for u.

4 If the babie is born and u dont accept it as urs, she can put ur name on the birth certificate but it still doesnt make u the legal father. Dont sign any papers if u dont want to be responsible.

5. Lets say its ur baby, its born and she want to get money from u. First shed have to make clear that ur the father. Shed propably have to be able to show pictures or proof of ur relationship.

So seem to be at least 2 steps, first being to establish whos the father. That should be done in thailand. Dna testing could come in to play by courtorder. An other part is the childsupport, shed have to bring a lawsuite against u. That might be very costly. Shed have to pay initialy for lawyers etc (she have that kind of money?) and it could take years before its finished and first then might she get the money back. If she wins the lawsuite u will have to pay all the legal expenses she had and urs plus the childsupport. That would be a worst case scenario.

The fact that she has to pay a lot to later possibly get it back means quite a risk for her. Getting the money from u might be hard so to say. Id say thats what u have to stand on.

Leaves u with some choices..

1. Disapear and let her handle it as she chooses.

2. Talk her into abortion/ pay her to do it.

3. Be responsible, find out if its ur baby, u can buy a dna test at any good hospital. If its ur child offer to pay childsupport, reasonable ammount about 3000 bath per month in my opinion. And if its ur child then wouldnt it be right to the child that he or she knows u?

Well there is lots to say but i guess its about 3-4 am and im getting dizzy....

forgetting the morality, this girl has no real way to contact your government imo to claim child support. But tbh you were the one cheating with her & obviously accidents happen, so step up, be a man & support the poor child who didn't ask to be such a burden on you

Hi TV PPL

To cut to the chase you either help Gik and the child out or don't. What can she threaten to do to you via your government?

Only you will know what is the "right" thing to do. This is because it is ultimately only you that has to live with yourself.

The mother can file a paternity suit on behalf of the child, in which the court woould establish wether you are the father or not. It they find that you are the father the you would be required to pay child support, the child would possibly acquire your nationality and would be entitled to an inheritence when you die.

The paternity suit could also be filed in your home country. In my home country the mother would pay minimal costs for such a court procedure.

You and the mother are both responsible for the birth of the child and should both contribute to its cost of living. The law in most countries will only take the child into consideration. Thai law is not different, and if you are the father a Thai court will order you to pay child support. Depending on your income and that og your gik, the 3,000 baht mentioned by Krap doesn't seem far off the mark. The child support is for the child only, not to support the mother.

The mother can file a paternity suit on behalf of the child, in which the court woould establish wether you are the father or not. It they find that you are the father the you would be required to pay child support, the child would possibly acquire your nationality and would be entitled to an inheritence when you die.

The paternity suit could also be filed in your home country. In my home country the mother would pay minimal costs for such a court procedure.

You and the mother are both responsible for the birth of the child and should both contribute to its cost of living. The law in most countries will only take the child into consideration. Thai law is not different, and if you are the father a Thai court will order you to pay child support. Depending on your income and that og your gik, the 3,000 baht mentioned by Krap doesn't seem far off the mark. The child support is for the child only, not to support the mother.

Does thai fathers actually pay childsupport? How is this distributed and what happen if they dont pay...?

Hi TV PPL

I was assuming that u didnt live in thailand since the threat was to contact ur goverment. Get a feeling that u live with ur thaiwife in thailand? In that case i guess ur subject to the thaicourt in first hand as mario implies.

Id also be mostly worried about the wifes reaction...

Since a gig is involved i think it might be fare to question if ur the only one shes been with? Did u see any proof of pregnancy yet, if not ask to do so.