Visa Run From Nakhon Sawan

exeter

I am getting a Multi entry visa in January and will staying in Nakhon Sawan, I understand that after about 85 days I have to do a "visa run" to get afurther 90 day day extension,so, where do I go? Where is the nearest office I can go to and what documentation do I need to take with me?

Thanks as usual for any help and advice that comes.

Exeter

Logistically speaking Mae Sot may not be your best bet.

I live in Klong Lan 125 km north from Nakhon Sawan and 202 km from Mae Sot.

Granted you may not be going off at a tangent as I do but figure that it is about 300 km to Mae Sot from Nakhon Sawan though at this point in time anyone in Nakhon Sawan, Khampaeng Phet and Tak provinces HAS to go there to get the visa done.

It may be easier for you if there is access across the border for example at Kanchanaburi or somewhere to the southwest of Nakhon Sawan.

The new immigration office in Nakhon Sawan is supposed to open this month but in Thai time as it were.

• 2 weeks later...

Granted you may not be going off at a tangent as I do but figure that it is about 300 km to Mae Sot from Nakhon Sawan though at this point in time anyone in Nakhon Sawan, Khampaeng Phet and Tak provinces HAS to go there to get the visa done.

It may be easier for you if there is access across the border for example at Kanchanaburi or somewhere to the southwest of Nakhon Sawan.

The new immigration office in Nakhon Sawan is supposed to open this month but in Thai time as it were.

There is no easier border crossing than Mae Sot for the OP as he is talking a visa hop and not an extension.

Unfortunately there are no crossings available in Kanchanaburi where you can get your passport stamped although the rumour is that Three Pagoda Pass 'may' be ungraded next year. Possibly but don't hold your breath.

I went to Mae Sot only yesterday from just north of Kan and the only pain is the drive over the mountains during a storm.

Immigration officers on both sides of the bridge are friendly and courteous and there is a bonus of a reasonable market under the bridge for a little shopping too.

There is no easier border crossing than Mae Sot for the OP as he is talking a visa hop and not an extension.

Unfortunately there are no crossings available in Kanchanaburi where you can get your passport stamped although the rumour is that Three Pagoda Pass 'may' be ungraded next year. Possibly but don't hold your breath.

I went to Mae Sot only yesterday from just north of Kan and the only pain is the drive over the mountains during a storm.

Immigration officers on both sides of the bridge are friendly and courteous and there is a bonus of a reasonable market under the bridge for a little shopping too.

I have no idea of the territory over on the Burma side below Nakhon Sawan and I had hoped that someone could enlighten me and hullopullo did for which I am grateful.

I am going to Mae Sot in the morning to do a 90 day report but mainly to try and obtain a residence certificate which is the last thing I will need for my Yellow Tabien Ban.

Tomorrow being the 14th perhaps they can update me on the opening date of the new Immigration office in Nakhon Sawan.

Or not.

• 3 weeks later...
There is a rumour that Nakhon Sawan immigration will be next to tourist police office, where ever that is? Anyone else heard anything?

I Heard that there will be a Immigration office in Nakhon Sawan ,It was to be opening very soon??? For my 90 day address confirmation

My wife called Mae Sot and we were informed to send the required address confirmation there, which I did and received it back promptly by mail ,completed.

I am planning to go there in December to renew my visa.

Hopefully they will open the Nakhon Sawan Immigration Office soon.

• 1 month later...