Residency Certificate

rickthailand

as i want to change my dutch driverslicense to a thai one I need aresidency certificate from immigration can anyone please tell

me what documents i need to get it. I rent a house in my name for 1 year.

thanks

rick

All you need is a copy of your rental agreement, copies of your passport and visa, and 500 Baht.

as i want to change my dutch driverslicense to a thai one I need aresidency certificate from immigration can anyone please tell

thanks

rick

All you need is a copy of your rental agreement, copies of your passport and visa, and 500 Baht.

thanks

rick

elektrified .

re .... All you need is a copy of your rental agreement, copies of your passport and visa, and 500 Baht

no offence but you forgot the all important ....two small photos of you ..... : )

no photos = = = no residency cirtificate !

thats my experience anyway.

dave2

thanks

rick

Just for your info, Immigration will only give residency letters to people with a one year visa. ie. Non O, Retirement etc... otherwise you will need to get an expensive letter from your local consulate...

Cheers :)

elektrified .

re .... All you need is a copy of your rental agreement, copies of your passport and visa, and 500 Baht

no offence but you forgot the all important ....two small photos of you ..... : )

no photos = = = no residency cirtificate !

thats my experience anyway.

dave2

dave2, you are 100% correct. The cute copy girl will happily take your mug shot for 100 Baht if you don't have photos. :)

I asked the manager of our condo building about what I needed to get a residency certificate at immigration and he sat down at his computer, brought up a form he'd already developed, asked to see my passport and when we moved into the building and churned out an official-looking document that he stamped a few times and signed with a flourish. That, plus the already mentioned rental agreement and photos did the trick. I think they like to see documents with at least a couple of stamps on them at immigration!

thanks

rick

Just for your info, Immigration will only give residency letters to people with a one year visa. ie. Non O, Retirement etc... otherwise you will need to get an expensive letter from your local consulate...

I have an 1 year non im ED visa will that be accepted?

thanks

thanks

rick

I have an 1 year non im ED visa will that be accepted?

thanks

Yes.