Good Beaches Near Hua Hin

aka_jack

Depending how quick you drive you might like a day out at Ao Manoa, just south of Prachuap City(90km). Its actually on a Thai air force base but foreigners just sign in. Its got to be one of the best beaches on this stretch of the Gulf coast. Easy to find as its signposted from Highway 4.

Also another 20km on there is Wannerkorn NP-again great beach with reef for snorkeling just offshore.

Both these beaches have food centre's and are very popular with Thais at weekends. There is also accommodation available if you wanted to stay over.

PM me if you want more info or visit my blog: www.my-thai-friend.com.

Is there any good beachs near Hua Hin or within a hours drive ??

Try 'Pine Beach' its only 10km south from centre of HH. Turn off at the petrol station going south from HH. Military base with driving range and new golf course being built as we speak. They charge 10B to enter or usually let farang in free. Long beach, I think about 7km long and deserted if you walk some 300m from the parking area. Decent restaurant by the side of the parking area as well. Lots of trees on the beach for shade if you want it and Large Military hotel with decent dining room plus rooms to stay if you want, don't know the rates though.

Since you mentioned near Hua Hin, I have had a pretty bad experience in Hua Hin last month. Took my girlfriend

for a night out and stay at the expensive Hilton. Paid over 7000 baht for the night with dinner and breakfast buffet.

The room was nice and the hotel looked great, however we went to swim at the beach,

and even though i saw a sign in English beware of jelly fish, i cut my feet so bad on the rocks that were hidden

in the murky water that I had to go to the desk bleeding so bad.

They sent an employee to get a first aid kit and we had to do the patching my foot up in the lobby.

No one seemed to care or ask what happened. I guess this is a daily occurrence?

My girlfriend said the ocean was dirty the horses were doing their thing on the small beach

and the wild dogs were fighting. This is Hua Hin, that night at dinner I came up with five mosquito bites i think

right through my shirt on my back. I never had mosquito bites last almost 5 weeks already and red and itchy still?

What happened to that place or is it just me?

I hope this doesn't offend anyone since I walk on eggs when I complain about anyone or anything here but I think someone

might have an explanation besides TIT? thanks for reading and any feedback and good luck to finding the perfect beach. So far Phukett beach has been the

best for me. I have not ventured out the path of most farang though.

Since you mentioned near Hua Hin, I have had a pretty bad experience in Hua Hin last month. Took my girlfriend

for a night out and stay at the expensive Hilton. Paid over 7000 baht for the night with dinner and breakfast buffet.

The room was nice and the hotel looked great, however we went to swim at the beach,

and even though i saw a sign in English beware of jelly fish, i cut my feet so bad on the rocks that were hidden

in the murky water that I had to go to the desk bleeding so bad.

They sent an employee to get a first aid kit and we had to do the patching my foot up in the lobby.

No one seemed to care or ask what happened. I guess this is a daily occurrence?

My girlfriend said the ocean was dirty the horses were doing their thing on the small beach

and the wild dogs were fighting. This is Hua Hin, that night at dinner I came up with five mosquito bites i think

right through my shirt on my back. I never had mosquito bites last almost 5 weeks already and red and itchy still?

What happened to that place or is it just me?

I hope this doesn't offend anyone since I walk on eggs when I complain about anyone or anything here but I think someone

might have an explanation besides TIT? thanks for reading and any feedback and good luck to finding the perfect beach. So far Phukett beach has been the

best for me. I have not ventured out the path of most farang though.

Hey Rich Boy! 7,000 baht a night - wow - you could get a visa exptension no trouble.

The beach by the Hilton has rocks - the top price hotels obviously don't tell you what the 400 - 1,000 baht a night ones do.

Jelly fish swim in the sea - especially here - this is why I swim in a pool - I know the Hilton pool is no good for swimming - so go to Sports Villa (25m) or Palm Springs (50m).

Take the advice above - go to Pine Beach or Kao Talok in Pranburi for Thai beaches not farang beaches - i.e no horses. Having said that, most horse riders pick up their horse s**t and deposit in the bins - note i said most!

Also another 20km on there is Wannerkorn NP-again great beach with reef for snorkeling just offshore.

If you want to have a look at Haad Wanakon without paying the 10x farang price to enter the NP, go to the next road south of the park and turn toward the sea. You can walk up and down the beach. There used to be a small restaurant there.

Depending how quick you drive you might like a day out at Ao Manoa, just south of Prachuap City(90km). Its actually on a Thai air force base but foreigners just sign in. Its got to be one of the best beaches on this stretch of the Gulf coast. Easy to find as its signposted from Highway 4.

They also have a guest house, restaurant and small golf course. Visitors are welcome to rent rooms.