England V Ukraine

Prudent_rabbit

England's World Cup qualifier in Ukraine on Saturday will be shown exclusively live to subscribers on the internet who will pay at least £4.99

so pop over to the site....

Dear Customer

Thank you for visiting www.ukrainevengland.com.

Unfortunately our automated system has detected that you are located in a geographically restricted territory where live streaming is unavailable due to broadcasting rights restrictions.

For your information the geographically blocked locations are as follows:

Ukraine

Albania

Cyprus

Croatia

Israel

Spain

Germany

Italy

Poland

Germany

Russia

Serbia & Balkan

Turkey

Latin America

North America

Middle East

Hong Kong

Thailand

South Africa

<deleted>!

Well as for Thailand, according to the True/UBC schedules the game will be shown live on this saturday.

"True Sport 1 :23:15"

So correct me if I am wrong.

Only those in GB will be denied TV coverage.

Hence the scandal is everyway outside the UK can see the game live on TV, but those in the UK must pay through the nose to see it on the internet.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds them.

A total PR disaster!

Edited by Zodiac

From what I have read, this has to do with the Sentanta collapse and when they re-pitched to other TV networks first, they balked at the price because (guessing now) that with England already qualified, viewership would be down.

So they went the ppv route.

Anyways, free or not, I would not have watched it.

notwithstanding that it's the most irrelevant match in the history of irrelevant matches, there will be no end of chinese websites broadcasting this online, for free. start at www.myp2p.eu and go from there.

It is highly relevant to Ukraine, Croatia etc!

Edited by R123

Has anybody here successfully watched live streams? I attempted to watch Leeds v Charlton on Saturday and it was a waste of time. 2 seconds then buffering then another two seconds followed by nothing for five minutes. It was the same the previous time I tried it.

Will official streams be any better (even if they were available)? Judging by the fact that I have to play YouTube clips all the way through and then rewatch them once they have loaded, I somehow doubt it.

TOT 2MB in Phuket by the way.

bkkjames, you are absolutely right about the reason. I was sent a cutting from Mediaweek yesterday explaining this.

I think it is just a one-off as England have qualified and no UK broadcasting company would fork out the going rate for a nothing game as far as England are concerned, though Ukraine still have something to play for.

notwithstanding that it's the most irrelevant match in the history of irrelevant matches, there will be no end of chinese websites broadcasting this online, for free. start at www.myp2p.eu and go from there.

It is highly relevant to Ukraine, Croatia etc!

fair point that!

Has anybody here successfully watched live streams? I attempted to watch Leeds v Charlton on Saturday and it was a waste of time. 2 seconds then buffering then another two seconds followed by nothing for five minutes. It was the same the previous time I tried it.

Will official streams be any better (even if they were available)? Judging by the fact that I have to play YouTube clips all the way through and then rewatch them once they have loaded, I somehow doubt it.

bkkjames, you are absolutely right about the reason. I was sent a cutting from Mediaweek yesterday explaining this.

I think it is just a one-off as England have qualified and no UK broadcasting company would fork out the going rate for a nothing game as far as England are concerned, though Ukraine still have something to play for.

what are you using to watch? are you trying to watch a live web stream or are you using an app like sopcast or tvuplayer to watch through? i never have any problems watching through windows media player via sopcast, always clear as a bell.

what are you using to watch? are you trying to watch a live web stream or are you using an app like sopcast or tvuplayer to watch through? i never have any problems watching through windows media player via sopcast, always clear as a bell.

I was using Justin TV but I just think my internet connection is too slow here. I was thinking of getting a slingbox but I think that will also be a waste of money until the Thai internet connections improve.

But this is getting off the subject. I note that South Africa is on the excluded list. I haven't checked but that may mean it's on one of the Supersport channels.

I was using Justin TV but I just think my internet connection is too slow here. I was thinking of getting a slingbox but I think that will also be a waste of money until the Thai internet connections improve.

But this is getting off the subject. I note that South Africa is on the excluded list. I haven't checked but that may mean it's on one of the Supersport channels.

Internet only and in only so many countries? Hope that one fails. For those that are interested atdhe.net (live sports section) is a good source for reliable links to streaming football on justintv etc.

quote ' live streaming is unavailable due to broadcasting rights restrictions'

Surely this just means that this is a list of countries that have a TV / Satelite deal, and the game will be shown live. Hence you cannot acces the game online through the official site.

Iain

There is a way that you could use to get around country restrictions. Its called spoof IP addressing. People quite often use this to watch US TV series from the US TV companies websites. Use google to find out more.

The Football Supporters Federation (FSF) and he has sent over some words of warning to England fans travelling over...

'Local hooligans in Kiev attacking English at random. They will travel to Dnipropetrovsk (Dnipro) to join local fascists.

'Any England fans are advice to be VERY careful! Especially on the train.'

So, there you have it the very latest advice and warnings from our man in the Ukraine - heed his advice carefully, this guy knows what he is talking about!

Please share this info with anyone that you know is going, or is on their way or already over in Ukraine.

REMINDER:

The FSF's Fans' Embassy vehicle will be based at Lenin Square in Dnipropetrovsk (Dnipro) on Friday afternoon and all day Saturday.

As usual they can be contacted, day or night, on +44 7956 121314 from Thursday evening through to Monday morning.