Need A Motorcycle Custom Shop.

rmicheald

I have a Honda Phantom that runs great but has some rust. I would like to find a shop that could strip it down, repaint the frame, change the fenders to chrome, rechrome all the other parts and put in a 6 speed transmission in place of the 5 speed.

Any recommendations? I am a poor teacher, so reasonable prices are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have a Honda Phantom that runs great but has some rust. I would like to find a shop that could strip it down, repaint the frame, change the fenders to chrome, rechrome all the other parts and put in a 6 speed transmission in place of the 5 speed.

Any recommendations? I am a poor teacher, so reasonable prices are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Not sure where you live (in city) or up country, but I was able to restore my 66'Honda CD125 with re chrome engine parts,

re-bore motor, repaint, and all the other good stuff in Ubon Ratchathani.

What I did was first check out the local bike shops around my town (non dealer shops) and observed what kind of bikes were in and out of there and spoke to the mechanic or owner if he had knowledge of older bikes (to buy/sell) and to fix or restore them.

As usual most of the Thai mechanics boast their abilities but only a limited few really can perform the job as to engine rebuilding and monitoring of the timing point in older bikes.

You may want to also check out a 'junk yard' for motorbikes to see if there are any phantom parts that can be salvaged for your

restoration. Just ask around - you'll get a lead somewhere. Goodluck.

Not sure where you live (in city) or up country, but I was able to restore my 66'Honda CD125 with re chrome engine parts,

re-bore motor, repaint, and all the other good stuff in Ubon Ratchathani.

What I did was first check out the local bike shops around my town (non dealer shops) and observed what kind of bikes were in and out of there and spoke to the mechanic or owner if he had knowledge of older bikes (to buy/sell) and to fix or restore them.

As usual most of the Thai mechanics boast their abilities but only a limited few really can perform the job as to engine rebuilding and monitoring of the timing point in older bikes.

You may want to also check out a 'junk yard' for motorbikes to see if there are any phantom parts that can be salvaged for your

restoration. Just ask around - you'll get a lead somewhere. Goodluck.

Thanks for the information. I live in Pattaya, hence the post in the Pattaya Forum.

go to vs motors on theprasit road they do really good custom work .ask for lek he is a sound guy..........

Sorry, where is that pn Thepprasit? Thanks.

it near a 7/11 there cant rem the soi ...but travelling down from jomtien side heading to sukhumvit road its on the right hand side ..not far away from where the market is held every weekend ...you will see a few quality custom bikes out side it ..also bikes for rent there too....