Where To Sell Old Broken Tv?

Pattaya Diver

For about 5 years I've had a Phillips 34-year flat CRT TV that has a lovely pickture, great sound and an absolute piece of <deleted> part that makes makes it turn on. A year ago, the little part that makes the picture appear on the screne died. Two months one shop, no repair. One month at Numchai (where I bought it) they imported a part from Germany and gave it back.

Not 100% repaired, though, depsite the 4,000 baht fee. SOmetimes the TV would come on right away. Other times took 3-4 attempts.

Once its on, it's great. But I didn't want to simply leave it on.

Three weeks ago, the same part blew again. I now have bought a new LCD TV.

So, my question... Where can I see the non-working, but fixable one? I KNOW that if I simply put it out for the trash some Thai would come scoop it up and sell it for scrap / parts and get a couple thousand (or more?) baht out of it.

I want that couple thousand baht.

Anyone know a place I can get it?

So you have a 5 year old TV that doesn't work and you want some idiot to give you 2000 baht for it ? :D You are obviously still Narked from diving too deep I think or have been taking the wrong medication! I don't think you would get 2000 baht for a 5 year old TV that worked :) Good luck in finding a rich, blind idiot to sell it to

I have an empty coke bottle in front of me, list prce is 15 Baht - where could I sell it for a few baht - I'm sure someone could refill it cheaply.

Do you have any photos :)

I was going to say that it had already been sold, but that I could offer a similar item as next bidder or something - with a picture from Google images, when I found this picture.....

post-31633-1254822609_thumb.jpg

Coke - It's the real thing !

As for the OP - would you buy a broken TV with the promise that "...it's an easy fix...", fix it then sell - you are attempting to squeeze every last satang from a useless item of consumer electronics without risking your money in getting the repair done.

Would you buy a dive computer that didn't appear to work if the seller said, "...oh it only needs a new battery!" ?

Ask at one of these 2nd hand shops selling TV's.... Or ask at the 2nd hand night Market on the Theprasit Road.

I also don't think you will get 2000 bt for it, but anything is better than nothing as long as its going to a good home :)

PS.. Also there is Cash Converors in Carefore, they might take it off your hands, but not sure, they might only take working items.

On the other hand you might have to pay someone to take it away and dispose of it. 2,000 baht should do it.

As long as you do not tell them that it's not working :)

Only a few weeks now and the price of a 32" Wide Screen, HD, LCD TV should have dropped within my budget so I would be very interested to know how I can get rid of the old Working 20" CRT TV, any one need a door stop??? :D

P.S.

Pattaya Diver,

I have a non working Aladin Pro Mk I dive computer, only needs a new battery, all your's for 15,000B :D

For all the skeptics, I managed to find a shop in Naklua to buy it.

2,500 baht.

Now who's laughing?

Can you give us the name and address of the shop that bought it, i,d like to see how much the shop is selling it for.

I just bought a brand new JVC 29" flat screen from Tesco/Lotus 5990bt

The scrap guy who comes to our house once a month and picks up the old newspapers (~50 Baht) and beercans (~200 Baht) happily took my old 19" computer monitor for the copper inside. Netted me some 500 Baht!