Yellow Tabien Bahn And Prenuptial Agreement

Hi guys !

Sorry but i don't understand exactly what is for the Yellow Tabien Bahn? I just bought a condo and a car in thailand, i plan to marry in 2 months and then i will buy another condo. How can i do to loose anything in thailand if we divorce? Sign a contract with a lawyer? A prenuptial agreement?

Thanks you so much for your precious explanations ! :)

Hi, i booked a condo and will pay 20 % this month and 10 % next month because this is a project it will be transferred on april 2010 and registered at the land office in the same time and i plan to marry on this december. Do u think the condo gonna become Sin Somros? If i do a prenuptial agreement can i protect my condo in the case of a divorce? How to do it? Meet a lawyer and sign a contract with my future wife?

Thanks u so much

Hi, i booked a condo and will pay 20 % this month and 10 % next month because this is a project it will be transferred on april 2010 and registered at the land office in the same time and i plan to marry on this december. Do u think the condo gonna become Sin Somros? If i do a prenuptial agreement can i protect my condo in the case of a divorce? How to do it? Meet a lawyer and sign a contract with my future wife?

Thanks u so much

Unless covered by a prenuptial agreement, registered simultaneously along with the marriage at the local Amphur, the condo will become Sin Somros (marital property) if you are married at the time of transfer of condo ownership. You really should delay getting married until after the condo is transferred into your name, makes things a lot easier. You need to consult a lawyer now to draft a prenuptial agreement. Have you discussed this with your future wife, she may not sign!

Edited by InterestedObserver

• 2 months later...
Wow, incredible that even a contract or the law cannot protect us !

I agree that it would be sensible to delay your marriage until after transfer of the condo, if it is not too late. Then list it in a pre-nup as your pre-marital asset and register the pre-nup at the district office when you get married. Even if she refuses to sign a pre-nup, your personal pre-marital assets should not get divided up in the event of a divorce.