Quantas Airline.

Liverbird

Qantas is the only airline that managed to skid off the Bangkok runway some months ago (no injuries but the plane stayed for extensive repairs)

Think that happened a couple of years ago at Don.M.. :D

Seem to remember that they could have bought a brand new Jumbo -747 Jet for what they paid to repair the old banger that skidded off the runway at Bangers.

Company was anxious to maintain their reputation of never having crashed. :D

Only ever flew them once and that was when I got deported from Auz back to Blighty in the 1970s :D ....35 hours in a 707, no TVs and with a dozen stops. :o:D

Edited by Rinrada

Must admit I book Qantas/BA for in seat entertainment. Rubbish with most other airline.

Flew Thai 3 weeks ago. Rubbish service and worst than rubbish entertainment on 1 screen 15 metres away past big heads BA staff bit less abrupt than Qantas, but that's Aussies for you!

Booked with Qantas last year to come over to Thailand and was really peeved that I had to board a BA flight. Have been told many negative things about BA and every one was true 100 percent. Very poor service.

Seems that most people I have spoken to who book with "Quaint arse" always get shoved onto a BA flight.

No problems with service that I have encountered with Thai, Singapore or Malaysian.

I'm flying with quantas in may from lhr-bkk,has anyone flown with them before?

Peter.

Very likely to find yourself on BA. They share the route and flights. Same feelings regarding service!

If you can, check out the schedules, if they have flights at the same time and date, then you have just joined their lottery.

Good luck.

Peter :o

Fly anything but qtass

you will end up with BA and its very average.

Peter.

Very likely to find yourself on BA. They share the route and flights. Same feelings regarding service!

If you can, check out the schedules, if they have flights at the same time and date, then you have just joined their lottery.

Good luck.

Peter :o

I travelled arpund the world with Qantas the other year and must have taken about 10 flights with 'em and they were great. Shame about the last two flights (SYD to BKK and BKK to LHR) though as they were operated by BA.

BA staff bit less abrupt than Qantas???? Don't think so somehow Dragonman! I found the BA staff to be unfriendly, unhelpful and a bit of a painin the arse. Still, if you are lucky enough to get a Qantas flight then you'll be very pleased with the efficient, helpful, smiling Aussie staff not to mention the better food.

Hi -

As a Qantas Flight Steward with over 20 years flying with them - I can honestly say if you fly with us that you will be quite comfortable. I'm not being biased as I freely admit Singapore Airlines or even Cathay Pacific are much better in terms of service. In terms of aircraft - we are the same as SQ and CX. Brand new aircraft with all the amenities. Not so with Thai Airways with aircraft more than 12 years old and seating as well and shared screen with maybe 2 movies. Now as far as ending up on a British Airways flight, well this is a problem. We both fly daily - sometimes twice daily to London and Sydney from Bangkok. Our flight numbers are interchangeable. But ask you travel agent which is the true QF flight. If it says QF001 or QF002 on itinerary then you are on Qantas. If it says something like QF2342 (more than 1 number or 2 numbers if you count the 0's then you are on British Airways. Again ask the ticket/travel agent as they will know by looking at the numbers. Hope this helps

QANTAS - Acronym.

from Queensland And Northern Territory Aerial Service

there's no U in it.

Most of you know this, and to the rest, I'm not being pedantic.

Just that QUANTAS with a "u" looks funny.

Drop the U!

Flew my first QANTAS flight in years the other day, business class PER-SIN (trying to use my points before they stiff everyone in May and make it even harder to fly using awards, as if they weren't the most difficult airline to use the loyalty program)

Anyways, had a Perth crew as the cabin staff - and they weren't bad, but I just think that SIA and TG are better at service.

The food was another matter - it was excellent, but there was something about the entree that had my eyes glued to the plate, can't figure out what it was though...

Meal2.jpg

Meal1.jpg

I rate Qantas ahead of Air NZ, but both are not a patch on SQ,TG,or CX on service. It truly amazes me how airlines like QA and BA can't learn how to offer a good service.The Asian airlines seem to know,why can't they? :o

I rate Qantas ahead of Air NZ, but both are not a patch on SQ,TG,or CX on service. It truly amazes me how airlines like QA and BA can't learn how to offer a good service.The Asian airlines seem to know,why can't they? :o

Maybe its the same reason western women are unable to compete with s.asian women in the service department.

Spacebass: I agee that has something to do with it. Also consider that Asian airlines don't have the unions to deal with, so they can put age restrictions on their inflight staff.

I recall a flight from the mainland of U.S. to Hawaii on Amerian Airlines. Learned the minimum years of service for that highly desireable flight for cabin personnel was twenty-five years.

Mostly grandmothers and while they were "dolled" up as much as possible, they still moved as senior citizens and booked no nonsense from the passengers. Theier atitudes were just tired and "too experienced" with no desire to please. Their seniority allowed them to control selection for this flight. It was one that had a turnaround in Hawaii and allowed the "grannies" to be home after every flight after 12 hour stint, the majority of time resting in the crew rest areas.

"God love them" but as a paying passenger, I prefer the young, nubile and anxious to please Asian ladies and men cabin staff with a ready smile and age restrictions on their years of cabin service.

QANTAS -  Acronym.

from Queensland And Northern Territory Aerial Service

there's no U in it.

Most of you know this, and to the rest, I'm not being pedantic.

Just that QUANTAS with a "u" looks funny.

Drop the U!

Flew my first QANTAS flight in years the other day, business class PER-SIN (trying to use my points before they stiff everyone in May and make it even harder to fly using awards, as if they weren't the most difficult airline to use the loyalty program)

Anyways, had a Perth crew as the cabin staff - and they weren't bad, but I just think that SIA and TG are better at service. 

The food was another matter - it was excellent, but there was something about the entree that had my eyes glued to the plate, can't figure out what it was though...

Meal2.jpg

Meal1.jpg

the nipple sandwiches :o

Qantas good love em!! are just as bad if not worse than BA, a blind friend flew with Qantas lhr to brisbane ,was taken to sydney instead we were phoned to collect him, we live north of brisbane, but still it is only a 12 hour drive,that was february last year , in september he recieved a letter of apology, and 6 flight vouchers for jetstar ,which are non transferable , so useless in europe, and qantas near misses and cockups are common events here in australia but they like to keep things quiet, give me SIA or Eva evergreen anytime :D Nignoy

Peter.

Last time I flew Qantas a few years ago I was unfortunate enough to be adjacent to the galley in Economy on a night flight. The gay steward seemed to spend most of the time between Bangers & LHR whining on to his friend about all his problems. Maybe I was just unlucky, but I wasn't generally impressed with the food or the service.

I take the point about the shared screens & limited choice of films on Thai but I always find them top <deleted> in every other respect.

I take the point about the shared screens & limited choice of films on Thai but I always find them top <deleted> in every other respect.

Agreed - for the cost of Thai Airways - I am more than happy to forego certain luxuries (and I fly business class mostly) - they are very much superior in other respects. Including their flexibility on the ground, ability to use reward miles, willingness to accommodate excess luggage (or reduce the amount payable) etc etc

Ten years ago I did fly from BKK to Amsterdam with a stop in Athens. After Athens 1 motor did not work anymore (it was a 747), but we had to go back to Athens and stayed 1.5 days at the airport. Very very very bad service from Quantas. We will never fly with Quantas anymore. :o

South east Asian company more better service. For me Singapore, China Airlines and EVA air are the best. That means we had never problems with them.

I've only flown with qantas a few times PER- SIN, business class is quite good but its too expensive...economy is bad and too expensive. Their FF club is total rubbish, attitude of staff rubbish.

I hear they are getting better but it will be a while before they aren't the carrier of last choice for me. TG is OK - too expensive economy but good value Business.

Singapore are the best value for economy, cheaper than TG, better planes and good service.

(I hope SG is let into the Australian market so QANTAS gets a boot up the arse)

Having done the BKK-LHR flight booked with Qantas several times in the past few years, I can echo what others have said about avoiding BA. The service isn't as good as Qantas and it seemed like the seats had less legroom.