Tops Supermarket Pattaya Klang/pattaya 2nd Road

syd barrett

Every time I am shopping at TOPS supermarket Pattaya Klang I am asked at the checkout whether I have a TOPS discount swipe card.

I haven't, but when I asked how to get one I could not make myself understood, but I gather that you have to pre-register with photograph ID and name & address etc.

Is it only for Thais or available for farang?

What are the benefits? Is there a % discount?

Yes I have one. Many of the items in the store, especially produce, have two prices, higher for without card, lower for with card. When you see items with two prices, that's what it is. Its worth having, sometimes the savings are significant. I got my card at Central Bangkok. It is good at the Central Food hall supermarkets and all Tops.

Edited by Jingthing

Every time I am shopping at TOPS supermarket Pattaya Klang I am asked at the checkout whether I have a TOPS discount swipe card.

I haven't, but when I asked how to get one I could not make myself understood, but I gather that you have to pre-register with photograph ID and name & address etc.

Is it only for Thais or available for farang?

What are the benefits? Is there a % discount?

I picked up an application form at the customer services desk - near the Second Road door, beside the cheese counter. It was very simple to complete and I don't recall having to provide photo ID.

That was 2 or 3 years ago - maybe the process is more complicated now - but I can't imagine why it would be.

It's still as simple. What's more everytime you make a purchase they add points to your card. After certain period of time you can actually change the points into cash voucher at the customer service. And once in a while they'll send you special coupons such like you spend 1000 baht and get 75baht off stuff.

Nothing much. Just an ID card, your address, and fill the form. You'll get the card immediately.

I have three of the discount cards. The reason I have three is because each time I have signed up the discount card works for the discount but the credits and the "name" in the database is registered to someone else, presumably an employee who is garnering unauthorized credit points. After my third attempt to get it fixed, including a few telephone calls by a Thai friend, I simply gave up and use it for the discount and let the credits go. I don't much like Tops anyway and usually shop at Carrefour.

I tried to get my coupons a few times at different places and they demanded my passport (which I don't carry). Oh well. The spot discounts on produce is worth it to me anyway. I also don't shop there that much compared to other stores, so no worries.

I tried to get my coupons a few times at different places and they demanded my passport (which I don't carry). Oh well. The spot discounts on produce is worth it to me anyway. I also don't shop there that much compared to other stores, so no worries.

do you have a Thai licence? i always find that is as good as a passport,never had any problems,even in the bank.