Watdee

khun jim

"too bloody long!" :o

I think about 4 yrs full time now, sometimes feel really settled, sometimes want to move on, but I think always with a view that Thailand is home now, and I'm pretty sure if I was away for a while I would be eager to come back.

Sheesh, after my first trip to Thailand, I certainly didn't need any encouragement to come back. Quite the opposite, I had to restrain myself from buying a ticket every payday !

Once I got the bills paid off, and started living/working overseas, it's a whole new story. 4 out of 6 trips each year are to LOS. Now I have to force myself to go somewhere else once in awhile (like Egypt, Nepal and other places I'd like to see once).

If I live long enough to be eligible for the retirement visa (or make enough money to get an Elite Card), then I'll be there in a flash, no encouragement needed !

Just fukcing do it man. I have been here for nearly 3 years. Though i did have 6 months back in London. Due to the fact i had a very big credit card bill. This was because i spent soo much setting myself up here. But hey 6 months working 6-7 days a week earning a grand a week. Was worth it to come back and take it easy working 5 days a week. Playing football on th weekends and generally having fun. Just go for it! If it goes tits up. Then you can always leave again.

Couldn't wait for my early retirement to move from UK to Thailand.Admit Pattaya bit too in your face for me so live 20 miles away.Easy to get in when I feel the need. Also property one third the price where I live!

Jockstar you mean you went back to Uk to settle Credit Card bills. Thats the reason I left! County Courts don't have much jurisdiction over here. :o