O-a Long Stay Arrival

Hit the que with my O-A 1 yr long stay ready to go....Picked a line with a Suay

Mahk Officer etc. Presented my passport and announced, I have Visao. She looked it over stamped in the square Visa Class stamp right away. Entered

Non -O-A and promptly stamped admitted and valid until 25/Mar/06 Thank you! She noted that I would need to chech in every 90 days, can purchase a multiple reentry permit which will grant me another year from the date of reentry so long as the Visa is valid....Untill Feb '06. She said I can must get a e visa re entry stamp or the visa will be used. A multiple reentry stamp is the key, it is just like an extension......I spent about 2 min,utes over normal Fat and Happy and off I went....

Simple as that! I'll be at Immi in about 10 hours and will give a full report on that visit........So you pay for the multi reenty and you get up to 2 years in the Kingdom.

I'm doing the DL hoops and will give latest on that quest as well!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple as that!  I'll be at Immi in about 10 hours and will give a full report on that visit........So you pay for the multi reenty and you get up to 2 years in the Kingdom.

Sorry to burst your bubble but youve only got until 25/Mar/06 in the kingdom.........all the multiple re-entry permit does is enable you to exit and re-enter Thailand up until Mar/06 without it affecting the stay that has been granted to you.

Come Mar/06 you/ll have to meet the requirements again to qualify for another 1 year extension.

Simple as that!  I'll be at Immi in about 10 hours and will give a full report on that visit........So you pay for the multi reenty and you get up to 2 years in the Kingdom.

Sorry to burst your bubble but youve only got until 25/Mar/06 in the kingdom.........all the multiple re-entry permit does is enable you to exit and re-enter Thailand up until Mar/06 without it affecting the stay that has been granted to you.

Come Mar/06 you/ll have to meet the requirements again to qualify for another 1 year extension.

You're right if he's got an ordinary "O-A" as opposed to a "Multiple-Entry O-A". I, too, think he has the latter, so as you say he will need to apply for an extension after 11 months.

Simple as that!   I'll be at Immi in about 10 hours and will give a full report on that visit........So you pay for the multi reenty and you get up to 2 years in the Kingdom.

T.F.,I beg to differ! Please see the posts submitted by Shotover and Redwood 13 in the thread I started

titled "OA retirement visa a breeze,but..) The multi entry feature of the OA does indeed give yet another 365 day re-entry "admitted until "date as long as that re-entry occurs before the expiration of the original multi OA

visa,one year from date of issue.

In other words,if one times a re-entry close to (but before) the

date of visa expiration,he/she will be given yet another 365 days and wont have to extend till just before that time expires. The imm. officer at Don Muang gave KK the correct info,as is demonstrated by the experiences related in the prevoiusly mentioned thread.

T.F.,I beg to differ! Please see the posts submitted by Shotover and Redwood 13 in the thread I started

titled "OA retirement visa a breeze,but..) The multi entry feature of the OA does indeed give yet another 365 day re-entry "admitted until "date as long as that re-entry occurs before the expiration of the original multi OA

date of visa expiration,he/she will be given yet another 365 days and wont have to extend till just before that time expires. The imm. officer at Don Muang gave KK the correct info,as is demonstrated by the experiences related in the prevoiusly mentioned thread.

I really don't think you disagree, you are just talking about two different things.

Thaiflyer is talking about the multiple re-entry permit, which as he states just allows you to leave Thailand without changing your immigration status. His advice is based on the premise, that the original poster only have a single entry OA visa. If I don't misread you, you on the other hand are talking about the multiple entry OA visa, which as proved in a earlier thread will give you up to two years incountry if your timing is right.

The original poster didn't state whether he had a multi OA visa or just a single, hence the differing statements.

Sophon

I see what your getting at,Sophon..And your'e right, that would explain the difference between the single and multi entry OAs (In the case of a single,your initial 365 day entry is the only "admitted until" date you would get,even when re-entering thereafter for the life of the visa) It just seemed to me that Thai Flyer was saying that this was the only possibility, and that another 365 days upon re-entry wouldnt be possible under ANY circumstances. And I do believe that KK(HF??) had a multi OA on arrival. :o

Simple as that!   I'll be at Immi in about 10 hours and will give a full report on that visit........So you pay for the multi reenty and you get up to 2 years in the Kingdom.

I really don't think you disagree, you are just talking about two different things.

Thaiflyer is talking about the multiple re-entry permit, which as he states just allows you to leave Thailand without changing your immigration status. His advice is based on the premise, that the original poster only have a single entry OA visa. If I don't misread you, you on the other hand are talking about the multiple entry OA visa, which as proved in a earlier thread will give you up to two years incountry if your timing is right.

The original poster didn't state whether he had a multi OA visa or just a single, hence the differing statements.

Sophon

I am thoroughly confused .Are you saying that after receiving an''o'' retirement visa for one year,you can get a multiple enty permit,leave the country,and when you return you get additional year automatically?

I've been reading this forum for about a year now and I am still amazed over the confusion caused by this one topic.

It's still not 100% clear to me whether or not you need a re-entry permit if you have a multiple entry O-A.

It's also not clear to me just when you have to renew such an O-A: One year from it's issue date or before the last permitted-to-stay date.

:o

T.F.,If the OP is who we think he is,(his distinctive prose gives him away) he indeed does have a multi entry(altho he didn't specify on this thread).However, his story is well documented elsewhere..  :D

In that case why would he want a multiple re-entry permit?..............the multiple O-A visa would be sufficient if it is correct what has been posted elsewhere that every entry up to the end of the validity of the visa entitles the passport holder to a fresh years stay stamp. :o

Cut to the chase........If you have a single entry O-A then you will recieve 1 year stay stamp upon arrival and if you wish to travel outside Thailand within said year you will need a re-entry permit (either single or multiple) so that when you re-enter your 1 years stamp will be unaffected.However you will need to show funds etc at the end of the first year for a further extension of stay.

Alternatively from what has been posted it is possible to obtain an O-A visa multiple entry valid for 1 year and every entry within said year attracts a fresh 1 year stay stamp....so with careful timing a stay of up to 2 years can be acheived without showing funds etc within Thailand.........i.e you go out and back in just before first year is up. I cant see any point in applying for a single/multiple re-entry permit in this case as you already posess the multiple entry visa.

Would that be about the size of it?

Cut  to  the  chase........If  you  have  a  single  entry  O-A  then  you  will  recieve  1  year  stay  stamp  upon  arrival  and  if  you  wish  to  travel  outside  Thailand  within  said  year  you  will  need  a  re-entry  permit  (either  single  or  multiple)  so  that  when  you  re-enter  your  1  years  stamp  will  be  unaffected.However  you  will  need  to  show  funds  etc  at  the  end  of  the  first  year  for  a  further  extension  of  stay.

Alternatively  from  what  has  been  posted  it  is  possible  to  obtain  an  O-A  visa  multiple  entry  valid  for  1  year  and  every  entry  within  said  year  attracts  a  fresh  1  year  stay  stamp....so  with  careful  timing  a  stay  of  up  to  2  years  can  be  acheived  without  showing  funds  etc  within  Thailand.........i.e  you  go  out  and  back  in  just  before  first  year  is  up. I    cant  see  any  point  in  applying  for  a  single/multiple  re-entry  permit  in  this  case  as  you  already  posess  the  multiple  entry  visa.

Would  that  be  about  the  size  of  it?

I thought that way for a long time,too T.F. Evidently,one must still obtain re-entry permits in LOS anyway. But in paying the extra money for the multi OA vs the single, you will get yet another 365 days upon re-entry with the multi.

Once you have entered Thailand with the single OA,however,this would be the ONLY 365 day entry you would receive,re-entry permits not withstanding,as there is no multi entry feature built in to the single OA...once its used,there will be no more 365 day entries possible with this visa. (Again,please see Shotover's last post on page 9 of the "OA Visa(retirement),a breeze" thread. He relates that he had to get re-entry permits in LOS with his multi OA,and also that he was given yet another 365 days upon re-entry.

This would also be consistent with what KK was told by thai Imm. at Don Muang as per his OP......

he's got a multi OA and relates

Cut  to  the  chase........If  you  have  a  single  entry  O-A  then  you  will  receive  1  year  stay  stamp  upon  arrival  and  if  you  wish  to  travel  outside  Thailand  within  said  year  you  will  need  a  re-entry  permit  (either  single  or  multiple)  so  that  when  you  re-enter  your  1  years  stamp  will  be  unaffected.However  you  will  need  to  show  funds  etc  at  the  end  of  the  first  year  for  a  further  extension  of  stay.

Alternatively  from  what  has  been  posted  it  is  possible  to  obtain  an  O-A  visa  multiple  entry  valid  for  1  year  and  every  entry  within  said  year  attracts  a  fresh  1  year  stay  stamp....so  with  careful  timing  a  stay  of  up  to  2  years  can  be  achieved  without  showing  funds  etc  within  Thailand.........i.e  you  go  out  and  back  in  just  before  first  year  is  up. I    cant  see  any  point  in  applying  for  a  single/multiple  re-entry  permit  in  this  case  as  you  already  possess  the  multiple  entry  visa.

Dead right! And the only reason that KK/HF/HJ is going to immigration is to get it from the horses mouth (so to speak) that he does not need a multiple (or single) re-entry permit because his visa is a multi-entry O-A. But he's gone very quiet...

Cut  to  the  chase........If  you  have  a  single  entry  O-A  then  you  will  receive  1  year  stay  stamp  upon  arrival  and  if  you  wish  to  travel  outside  Thailand  within  said  year  you  will  need  a  re-entry  permit  (either  single  or  multiple)  so  that  when  you  re-enter  your  1  years  stamp  will  be  unaffected.However  you  will  need  to  show  funds  etc  at  the  end  of  the  first  year  for  a  further  extension  of  stay.

Alternatively  from  what  has  been  posted  it  is  possible  to  obtain  an  O-A  visa  multiple  entry  valid  for  1  year  and  every  entry  within  said  year  attracts  a  fresh  1  year  stay  stamp....so  with  careful  timing  a  stay  of  up  to  2  years  can  be  achieved  without  showing  funds  etc  within  Thailand.........i.e  you  go  out  and  back  in  just  before  first  year  is  up. I    cant  see  any  point  in  applying  for  a  single/multiple  re-entry  permit  in  this  case  as  you  already  possess  the  multiple  entry  visa.

Dead right! And the only reason that KK/HF/HJ is going to immigration is to get it from the horses mouth (so to speak) that he does not need a multiple (or single) re-entry permit because his visa is a multi-entry O-A. But he's gone very quiet...

Im not so sure now,RDN.....Shotover relates he went and paid 3,800 baht for a re-entry permit even tho he's got a multi OA,KK/HF was told he must do this if he wishes to leave/return also. The difference again being that the multi OA gives you yet another 365 days upon re-entry (for the life of the visa),whereas the single does not.The single OA is no longer"active" once its used upon arrival,that 365 day stay is the only one you'll get till renewal time.However,in either case, Thai Imm. makes out by requiring re-entry permits to be purchased as well.

Despite what has been posted i/m still of the opinion that if you posess an O-A multi entry then a multi re-entry permit shouldnt be required, its not logical (but then when does that come into anything).

My premise would be this.....all the re-entry permit does is protect your years stay stamp and since you would recieve a fresh years stay for every entry on the O-A multi there is nothing to protect.

What we really need is somebody to obtain an O-A multi and no re-entry permit come into Thailand and then nip out and back in again and see what happens............all volunteers one step forward please :o

Edited by thaiflyer1

Despite  what  has  been  posted  i/m  still  of  the  opinion  that  if  you  posess  an  O-A  multi  entry  then  a  multi  re-entry  permit  shouldnt  be  required, its  not  logical  (but  then  when  does  that  come  into  anything).

My  premise  would  be  this.....all  the  re-entry  permit  does  is  protect  your  years  stay  stamp  and  since  you  would  recieve  a  fresh  years  stay  for  every  entry  on  the  O-A  multi  there  is  nothing  to  protect.

What  we  really  need  is  somebody  to  obtain  an  O-A  multi  and  no  re-entry  permit  come  into  Thailand  and  then  nip  out  and  back  in  again  and  see  what  happens............all  volunteers  one  step  forward  please  :o

I was of the opinion that I wouldnt need a re-entry permit with my multi

OA as well,T.F..Until these recent postings/developments,that is.

KK/HF was not only told he'd need one by the officer at Don Muang upon his arrival, but also maintained that he was told the same by the

Thai embassy in Washington,DC,if memory serves me correctly.And on top of this,Shotover also posted

on page 9 of my "OA a breeze"

thread ,that he purchased a re-entry permit as well before his departure(s)....

As far as what they protect,wouldnt the re-entry permit (in the case of the multi OA) protect your right to leave as many times as you wanted for the entire 1yr validity of the visa, (one year from date of issue),and still get another 365 days upon re-entry ,as long as the re-entry is before the visa expiration date?

One more thing, I also know that if you would want to leave/re-enter AFTER the visa expiration date,but before your latest 365 day"admitted until" date,you would have to again obtain yet another re-entry permit,because you would lose the benefit of the multiple entries on the date of the OA visa expiration.

(whether you had to purchase a re-entry permit before leaving during that time or not)

But T.F., maybe we wont need a volunteer,Redwood are you out there? Did you need to purchase re-entry permits with your multi OA when you went to Cambodia? (Im again looking at my print out of your post dated,June 24,2004).....

Despite  what  has  been  posted  i/m  still  of  the  opinion  that  if  you  posess  an  O-A  multi  entry  then  a  multi  re-entry  permit  shouldnt  be  required, its  not  logical  (but  then  when  does  that  come  into  anything).

My  premise  would  be  this.....all  the  re-entry  permit  does  is  protect  your  years  stay  stamp  and  since  you  would  recieve  a  fresh  years  stay  for  every  entry  on  the  O-A  multi  there  is  nothing  to  protect.

What  we  really  need  is  somebody  to  obtain  an  O-A  multi  and  no  re-entry  permit  come  into  Thailand  and  then  nip  out  and  back  in  again  and  see  what  happens............all  volunteers  one  step  forward  please  :o

Your interpretation is correct as far as I know. I have a multiple-entry O-A and have left and re-entered Thailand on two occasions and have never applied for a re-entry permit during the one year validity of the multiple-entry portion of the O-A visa. Since the multiple-entry is no longer valid, as I've now been here beyond the expiration date of the O-A visa, I will have to obtain either a single re-entry permit or a multiple re-entry permit when I next leave Thailand.

I believe "shotover" had been here a year on an O-A multiple entry visa and after it expired he purchased a multiple re-entry permit for 3800 baht.

-redwood

Since the multiple-entry is no longer valid, as I've now been here beyond the expiration date of the O-A visa, I will have to obtain either a single re-entry permit or a multiple re-entry permit when I next leave Thailand.

I believe "shotover" had been here a year on an O-A multiple entry visa and after it expired he purchased a multiple re-entry permit for 3800 baht.

Now this is a different ballgame i/d entirely agree you need the re-entry permit for the 2nd years stay to "protect" your years stay stamp as you no longer have the benefit of a multiple entry O-A .

Your interpretation is correct as far as I know. I have a multiple-entry O-A and have left and re-entered Thailand on two occasions and have never applied for a re-entry permit during the one year validity of the multiple-entry portion of the O-A visa. Since the multiple-entry is no longer valid, as I've now been here beyond the expiration date of the O-A visa, I will have to obtain either a single re-entry permit or a multiple re-entry permit when I next leave Thailand.

-redwood

Thanx much for the reply/clarification,Redwood! Your take on Shotover's situation makes perfect sense now,as well.

Let's just hope that your experience will still be the case

going forward.(This,then will be the big question..)

Yes,T.F... The departure/return

thing after the visa expiration date

is indeed a whole different scenerio,that's why I brought to light in my previous post..

:D

No pushing and shoving. Form an orderly queue :D

Gretings.....Made my way over to imm for my multiREENTRY for 3800 baht... NOW! I looked at the rules at immi and they advised me No reenty w/ out permit. Got stamd and will be allowed multiple reentys for the valid time of my ass port and will be granted an entry pemi t for one year. If I arrive the the day before my O-A expires I will be given a year stamp. Multiple reentries of 1 year

for the life of my o-a visa.

I was going to give some good info on Thai DL but since a few ###### are flexing their pussy lips.....

'

'Oh he has a Hawaii 1p address".. ...All you ###### go to big c and get new batteries for your dildos...... It's is lox info...techno turds