American football

sawatdee2k3

I know most Europeans despise anything American, especially our version of "football", and it seems that many that post on this board regularly are not American, but can anyone tell me how much NFL Football is on television in Thailand?

I will be there for the next year and it's going to hurt not being able to not watch Pro or College football.....

:o

hi'

not later than yesterday night, I was wqtching 49ers VS SEA,

on a Thai channel, once a week, there is some  :o

might have some more on ubc, I don't know  :cool:

anyway, we have some american sport on Thai tv .. sometimes :cool:

With UBC, two live games Sunday night. Another live game Monday morning (Sunday night football in the US). Then Tuesday morning there's live Monday night football. So you'll do okay with NFL, but forget about college football. And you'll only get UBC if you have an apartment and have it installed or go to a decent bar. Most hotels and many other places have a cheaper cable TV version with less live sports.

Two live games on Sunday night?  Which channel?  I only know that they play the Sunday night game live at about 7 or 8 am on Monday morning, and show Monday night football at about the same time on Tuesday morning.   Thats it for live games, although they rebroadcast both those games a couple of times later in the day.   This is on ESPN from UBC.

Thai TV:  Channel 3 usually shows a rebroadcast of the Sunday night game (same one ESPN shows) about midnight on Monday.  

And this is only if there is no baseball playoffs going on.  Right now we don't get to see the games live, as they show baseball playoffs instead.  If the game gets rained out, still no luck as they opt to show a replay of the last game played instead of showing live NFL.  

To be honest over here, life is pretty miserable for an American sports fan.  I've slowly been learning to enjoy the barrage of English and Spannish football games they show, but its just not the same.

Yes, I know how you feel about your sports, also, no Cricket on UBC only some highlights at  3 or 4 in the morning (snore, snore by them).

Once Baseball is over ,then you will have on UBC (cable or sat err light ) U.S. Football & Basketball – Live !!!!!!  so no problems for you.

But for me, Soccer is not bad in-between F1 that has just finished, Cart and/or Indy was also grear to watch on IBC "Live" (not delayed ) (anyone remember that station?)  (watched both Mansell and Jaque  the Lad, back to back winning both F1 & Indy Cart, every race except the Indy 500 as ABC had that one & IBC did not have a contract with them, just for 1 race ??? )  (Please bring that time back once again) on LIVE T.V. in Thailand.

Anyway, this Month’s Special is Football Rugby Union World Cup ( from down under) and yes Live on UBC in Thailand, very similar to U.S. Football, but without “pads” and running Football, and not stopping each and every time when someone tackles you – that is Football League Rugby.

And to my last bit – who “the what’s it” that wants to look at Football U.S. style for 3 to 4 hours and the playing game is only 90 mins or so…….. long……. not me..........

Mind boggles, when there is much more to in Thailand than that…..

Enjoy

:D  ::o:  ???  :cool:

Two live games on Sunday night?  Which channel?  

Channel 30 I believe. Star Sports Gold. One at Midnight and one at 3am or so. i usually wait until Monday evening. At 5:30 and then 9:30 they show the same two games again and they cut out all the time inbetween plays and timeoutsa etc. Much better.

Where ever you go to watch football or baseball is ok

long as you don't walk in to some place with bunch of Thai people,

early this year I walk by one restaurant I saw a big screen tv with superbowl going on, so I walk in and order a beer and sit with my eyes wild, after I sip the beer and look up the superbowl no longer there, instead the wrestling is on the screen, so stay away from those crowd

:o

• 1 month later...

Anyone know of any sports bars etc. in Bangkok or Phuket that have live American football?? or anyone with a TV want to invite me over?!? :o I'll be in Bangkok the weekends Dec.20-22 (NFL Week 16) & Jan.3-5 (Wildcard weekend) and Phuket Dec.27-29 (NFL Week 17). Thanks!