Refused Again!

I do want to take this chance (Maybe just in case this ever gets closed before i have chance to do so).

THANK YOU!!

This is to all the people that have offered me good advice, wished me good luck and have sent me personal emails. (there has been loads).

I hope me and my GF sort it out, which i am sure we will. She understands what she did was wrong and has promised to never lie again. She does want to come to England and she does want to get married and have kids. There is no pressure from the Dowry from her parents and they have said we can sort this out when we are settled. (So i know she is not after the little money i have, and like i said before she never asks for anything)

She wants to be with me, but also take care of her family. Which i understand.

She says sorry to me everyday for what she has done and promises to make it up to me next week.

I love her and she loves me. Thats all i need to give it another go. If she lies again then things will be different. She knows this.

Again, Thanks for all the best wishes and advice.

You would be amazed how many people have gone through the same kind of thing with their partners.(as i have found out from emails)

But unfortunatley some are not so open about it.

They just dont want to be slagged off by people, that think they know someone from a few lines of a story, People that are quick to judge.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As so many people keep asking me "Is that my GF in the picture?"

No its lucy liu - from kill bill/ally mcbeal etc

Wouldnt say no though!!! :o

GF does look like her a bit though.

:D

Edited by BIG SPUDS

BS there is not a single forang living in Thailand who has a partner that does not lie to them,

<deleted>. Not ever farang marrys/partners with the type of woman that needs to lie. Which demographic groups is your scientific statistic based upon ?

U chose one line out of a post!

I am sorry but Lying is a part of Thai culture it is pretty much the norm. Land of the smile hide what you feel, this is a form of hiding the truth about what they feel. The Lie is just an extension of the smile. Thai people lying to me doesn't get to me like a forrang lying to me does (& many do) because it is a cultural difference. This has been confirmed to me by many Thais when i have spoken to them about cultural differences. And no not bar girls, i know Thai people from all walks of life from the local bottle collector to police, teachers, office workers and politicians. All Thai at times will lie without feeling it is wrong. For their culture it is a part of everyday life. I have seen this after 15 yrs here, and know a lot of Thai people who agree, the ones who refuse to admit to it are normally the ones who will lie more frequently in my experience. If your married to a Thai lady and she has never lied to you then your living a lie to yourself. I dont mean this in a slagging of Thai women way or disrespect to your wife at all, or Thais in general. I suggest you learn a little more about Thai culture, i have lived off and on with Thais from all areas of Thai society, not as an expat in expat bars, not picking up bar girls. I live in a small town where i interact with Thai people daily on there level. The Thai people i know have often commented on my awareness of there culture, and i stand by what i say and most honest Thai who are not afraid to acknowledge all is not perfect in LOS would i believe agree with that. When u take one line from a post out of context you can make it sound as u wish, but i was pointing out Cultural differences not calling all Thais a bunch of lyers. The post was aimed at big spuds to give him a possitive answer amongst so many negative ones not your wife lol.

I agree with a lot of this post , it's a totally different set of values.

My Stepson ( 14 ) lies to me on a regular basis , if he didn't I would think something was wrong.

I can usually can second guess the little bugger , but most if not all of the lies are fairly harmless. I could open up a whole forum on the topic..... :o

BS there is not a single forang living in Thailand who has a partner that does not lie to them,

<deleted>. Not ever farang marrys/partners with the type of woman that needs to lie. Which demographic groups is your scientific statistic based upon ?

I am sorry but Lying is a part of Thai culture it is pretty much the norm. Land of the smile hide what you feel, this is a form of hiding the truth about what they feel. The Lie is just an extension of the smile. Thai people lying to me doesn't get to me like a forrang lying to me does (& many do) because it is a cultural difference. This has been confirmed to me by many Thais when i have spoken to them about cultural differences. And no not bar girls, i know Thai people from all walks of life from the local bottle collector to police, teachers, office workers and politicians. All Thai at times will lie without feeling it is wrong. For their culture it is a part of everyday life. I have seen this after 15 yrs here, and know a lot of Thai people who agree, the ones who refuse to admit to it are normally the ones who will lie more frequently in my experience. If your married to a Thai lady and she has never lied to you then your living a lie to yourself. I dont mean this in a slagging of Thai women way or disrespect to your wife at all, or Thais in general. I suggest you learn a little more about Thai culture, i have lived off and on with Thais from all areas of Thai society, not as an expat in expat bars, not picking up bar girls. I live in a small town where i interact with Thai people daily on there level. The Thai people i know have often commented on my awareness of there culture, and i stand by what i say and most honest Thai who are not afraid to acknowledge all is not perfect in LOS would i believe agree with that. When u take one line from a post out of context you can make it sound as u wish, but i was pointing out Cultural differences not calling all Thais a bunch of lyers. The post was aimed at big spuds to give him a possitive answer amongst so many negative ones not your wife lol.

I don't deny that lying exists.Of course it exists.Thais lie to me all the time over 12 years of living here.

What I do deny is the quote "there is not a single forang living in Thailand who has a partner that does not lie to them". And I know many farang would also agree with me.

I don't deny that lying exists.Of course it exists.Thais lie to me all the time over 12 years of living here.

What I do deny is the quote "there is not a single forang living in Thailand who has a partner that does not lie to them". And I know many farang would also agree with me.

BS,

The best of luck to you both. I hope you will get together to the interview and secure her visa.

Take care of her and you both.

I do want to take this chance (Maybe just in case this ever gets closed before i have chance to do so).

THANK YOU!!

This is to all the people that have offered me good advice, wished me good luck and have sent me personal emails. (there has been loads).

I hope me and my GF sort it out, which i am sure we will. She understands what she did was wrong and has promised to never lie again. She does want to come to England and she does want to get married and have kids. There is no pressure from the Dowry from her parents and they have said we can sort this out when we are settled. (So i know she is not after the little money i have, and like i said before she never asks for anything)

She wants to be with me, but also take care of her family. Which i understand.

She says sorry to me everyday for what she has done and promises to make it up to me next week.

I love her and she loves me. Thats all i need to give it another go. If she lies again then things will be different. She knows this.

Again, Thanks for all the best wishes and advice.

You would be amazed how many people have gone through the same kind of thing with their partners.(as i have found out from emails)

But unfortunatley some are not so open about it.

They just dont want to be slagged off by people, that think they know someone from a few lines of a story, People that are quick to judge.

one can only marvel at your skill with the quote function facility doc.

:o

Tax,as Pat himself says , " He drinks you know "

Doc was probably in his cups as he broke the "how not to use quote marks" Oz records , and that in itself is no mean feat............. :D

Edited by chonabot

Don't want to wind anyone up but the wifes just been issued her 2 year multiple.

Yippee :D

Selling up?

My Dads been unwell back home so we've done it so we can just jump in a cab and go to the airport. :o

Went into the British Embassy in Dubai last week and the TW was offered a 5 yr multi-entry on the spot.

As i am going to thailand (arriving sunday) i plan to go with the GF to the embassy and submit her application monday.

What would be the best time for me to get there to avoid the Q's?

Do i take all the supporting doxs or just the application?

How do i pay..cash/cheque?

As i am going to thailand (arriving sunday) i plan to go with the GF to the embassy and submit her application monday.

What would be the best time for me to get there to avoid the Q's?

Do i take all the supporting doxs or just the application?

How do i pay..cash/cheque?

Take all the docs and 2 copies of absolutley everything, The fee is payable in cash 2700 i think.

make sure you have the new updated application form (updated last year)

take pics and get to the embassy BEFORE 7am, if i were you i'd get there by around 615 - 630am, the embassy opens at 730am.

I went last week and there was a queue of around 30 infront of as at 630am.

Stay at the Holiday Mansions which is the hotel just across the road, 2k per night. 022550099 :o

I am sorry but Lying is a part of Thai culture
The Thai people i know have often commented on my awareness of there culture,

Yes, but you what liars they are don't you?

Ever thought they might be lieing when they compliment you on your "awareness of their culture"?

I am sorry but Lying is a part of Thai culture

That's just the Farang interpretation of the interpersonal dynamic.

To Thais, it's not considered de facto "lying" :o

Edited by Boon Mee

Ok Mate, do you smell the coffee yet?

Whatever you do I wish You Luck.

1. Are you the only reason she wants to go?

2.If you do not go then what? What is the crack.

3. What do you KNOW 100% re: Work refs etc?

Are you pretty sure of the reason she wants tyo go to UK

(Sorry we have enough spongers already) (Dont get shitty, Thailands part of asia!)

Spudsy arrives in Bangers today......hope the poor bloke doesn't get his heart broken too much on Monday. Hope like ###### that there isn't another 'excuse' awaiting for him. Me thinks there will be tho.

:o