Scooter Mirrors Upgrade

amexpat

I saw a Honda scooter with much improved mirrors - bigger, almost rectangular. The owner says they are by Kawasaki but screw right into the 10mm mounts.

What a difference! I sat on the bike and could see the everything in the next lanes over and, with a flex of the elbow, directly behind.

The girlfriends won't like them because they are chrome, not the matching black, but they may be a life saver. I always considered the stock mirrors inadequate for safety. There's probably a market for good black plastic ones.

Before you change out the mirrors you may want to angle them the most effective distance from you.

I loosened my mirror stalks (the throttle side may be a reverse thread) and turned them out so the mirrors were as far away from me as possible.

This allowed me to see more behind me.

Kind of like how some cars have a mirror on the front fender, the further away the mirror is the less blind spot you have.

Of course if this doesn't help new mirrors will do the trick.

I've owned 6 Asian bikes from 50-750cc and they all seem to have the same size mirror threading.

I think you'd have a good chance of taking any other metric bike mirror and fitting it on your bike.

Just do it at the shop you buy them from so you can return them if I'm wrong.

Let us know what mirrors do the job, maybe I'll get them too.