Want To Buy A Condo In Nong Khai Or Udon

Hahahaha... thanks, Trogers, That ad has been on the internet for at least three or four years and those condos still don't seem to be ready. FBI real estate in Udon are managing that building and after meeting the guy that runs FBI in Udon, I'm not sure I would do business with them anyway. When the guy told me Udon was the second largest city in Thailand and that one million warehouses were to built in the Udon area to go along with the new rail line to China via Laos, I had the guy figured for a con artist. Later I heard that it depends on when you talk to him-- before or after he's had his gin.

Oh, well, the search continues, but thanks for reminding me what NOT to buy.

Hahahaha... thanks, Trogers, That ad has been on the internet for at least three or four years and those condos still don't seem to be ready.

I think the intention of FBI is legit...but developing a condominium project in the north east is not yet practical. Difficult for a developer to convince locals to buy and own the 51%.

When visiting Nong Khai several years ago, I heard multiple references to a "condo" near the river. At least one farang I met was renting there. Maybe it's not really a condo, maybe all units sold and only available for rental .. not sure.

Best to make a trip and have a chat with some of the long-term expats there.

When visiting Nong Khai several years ago, I heard multiple references to a "condo" near the river. At least one farang I met was renting there. Maybe it's not really a condo, maybe all units sold and only available for rental .. not sure.

Perhaps farangs in the northeast mistaken apartments for condos. An apartment building belongs to a single owner with the purpose of renting out the units.

Perhaps farangs in the northeast mistaken apartments for condos. An apartment building belongs to a single owner with the purpose of renting out the units.

There is most definitely a condo building on the river in Nong Khai, at the west end of town, not far from the old wet market (the one that moved from the street to the enclosed area in the soi, near FGCC/the old Provincial Hall).

When I lived there (2006), there was some kind of problem with the management, and people were withholding the association fees. A rather well-connected Democrat, with whom I had a business relationship, owned a really nice river-view unit in the building, that had been thoroughly trashed by a tenant. I wanted to buy it, but he wasn't selling...

The situation may have changed by now, so the advice to make the trip there is the only good advice to follow...

Sateev