Ocean One Tower, Pattaya(of All Places)

sokal

They say Ocean one tower will be the tallest building (1200 feet :D Good air time for the Pattaya fall club) in Thailand when it is completed in 2012. Is this thing still a go ? I just thought maybe it got financing from Lehman Bros. It seems a little high-so for Pattaya. I have to wonder how many normal people want to live so close to what some people call, a trashy smut hole. Imagine having people over from your homeland, and they want to check out walking street. :D And it will have a new shopping plaza, as if Pattaya needed another one. :) . Good luck developers.

What kind of people are going to buy a unit ?

Is it geared toward retired farangs or mainly Asians ?

They say Ocean one tower will be the tallest building (1200 feet :D Good air time for the Pattaya fall club) in Thailand when it is completed in 2012. Is this thing still a go ? I just thought maybe it got financing from Lehman Bros. It seems a little high-so for Pattaya. I have to wonder how many normal people want to live so close to what some people call, a trashy smut hole. Imagine having people over from your homeland, and they want to check out walking street. :D And it will have a new shopping plaza, as if Pattaya needed another one. :) . Good luck developers.

What kind of people are going to buy a unit ?

Is it geared toward retired farangs or mainly Asians ?

It is not going to happen. be careful spending money on this project. they have offices in few places and have been trying to sell them for past 3 years and they have not even dug a hole for foundation.

Didnt Lehman's go bankrupt? Actually the told me they had financing from KTB but it was rather dependent on presales.

I believe visiting their sales office is one of the 'must' things to do in Pattaya - it is in Jomtien.

Unfortunately there is no free TV or whatever but there is plenty of amusement value. It is also conveniently located next to their plot. They used to send me a sort of monthly newsletter but this seems to have stopped - possibly because the project is 'sold out'.

Edited by Abrak

Didnt Lehman's go bankrupt? Actually the told me they had financing from KTB but it was rather dependent on presales.

I believe visiting their sales office is one of the 'must' things to do in Pattaya - it is in Jomtien.

Unfortunately there is no free TV or whatever but there is plenty of amusement value. It is also conveniently located next to their plot. They used to send me a sort of monthly newsletter but this seems to have stopped - possibly because the project is 'sold out'.

I thought maybe they had Lehman financing and that is why the project was dead.

So 2 guys say its not going to happen and one guy says its sold out............ I am confused.

I thought maybe they had Lehman financing and that is why the project was dead.

So 2 guys say its not going to happen and one guy says its sold out............ I am confused.

I have a rather dry sense of humor.

Not gonna happen......... :)

Thanks for the details :D

whats not gonna happen ?

From their website dated in March 2009. They must re-submit changes in design plans for City approval. I like others, am very skeptical how this project can move forward especially in this economic climate:

FFrom there March 2009

Balconies enclosed above the 50th level of Ocean 1 Tower

Following a recommendation to enclose the balconies above the 50th level of Ocean 1 Tower, architects Woods Bagot have now redesigned the top half of the building.

model.jpgOcean 1 Tower model and floor display

These plans were sent to Melbourne Australia for crucial wind tunnel tests which were all positive. A thorough report of more than 250 pages is being finalized and on completion this will be submitted to Pattaya City Hall who will amend the building permit allowing construction to commence.

The balconies above the 50th level have been redesigned as winter gardens ensuring safety in the case of high winds.

shopping_plaza.jpgRear view showing the shopping plaza

A three metre high model of the building and a floor plan model of an entire level have been placed in a prominent position at the main sales office in Pattaya Properties. These are available for inspection and can also be viewed from outside through the display window at any time of the day or night.

^ Its easy to build a scale model ,and rake in deposits .As stated by many it will never be built .

There must be quite a few angry suckers who invested in units. What is happening with them. No doubt more than a few are Russian or Chinese gentlemen who might be involved in extra-legal activities. They may react badly.

It doesn't appear that anyone has crossed the line yet, but be aware there are laws.

So lets be very careful in the words we chose when referring to businesses or persons

involved in such business.

//Do not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel//

Bulletin

25th July 2007

As a marketing tool to create and maintain public awareness for Ocean 1 Tower, two months ago the Ocean 1 Tower Car Racing Team was formed.

Since then the results have been quite amazing to say the least. The team’s number one driver, 22 year old Thai national Jack Lembard has set a remarkably high standard.

Incredibly, two weeks ago the car (see picture) was written off on the final practice lap on the Saturday. Overnight the team of mechanics completely rebuilt the car allowing Jack to start last on the grid the next day. In a performance, that highly impressed his peers, Jack greeted the chequered flag first in his division. Respected racing car writer and enthusiast Doctor Iain Corness is predicting a big future for Jack and the O1 team.

Please make time to view the link to the Ocean 1 Racing Team website under the photo below.

Oh and BTW it is 'Jack Lemvard'

http://www.ocean1racing.com/

http://www.ocean1tower.com/

Meanwhile, during the past two weeks the equipment required to start construction on Ocean 1 Tower has been moved onto the site and pile testing will commence in a few days.

Bulletin

25th July 2007

As a marketing tool to create and maintain public awareness for Ocean 1 Tower, two months ago the Ocean 1 Tower Car Racing Team was formed.

Since then the results have been quite amazing to say the least. The team's number one driver, 22 year old Thai national Jack Lembard has set a remarkably high standard.

Incredibly, two weeks ago the car (see picture) was written off on the final practice lap on the Saturday. Overnight the team of mechanics completely rebuilt the car allowing Jack to start last on the grid the next day. In a performance, that highly impressed his peers, Jack greeted the chequered flag first in his division. Respected racing car writer and enthusiast Doctor Iain Corness is predicting a big future for Jack and the O1 team.

Please make time to view the link to the Ocean 1 Racing Team website under the photo below.

Oh and BTW it is 'Jack Lemvard'

http://www.ocean1racing.com/

http://www.ocean1tower.com/

Meanwhile, during the past two weeks the equipment required to start construction on Ocean 1 Tower has been moved onto the site and pile testing will commence in a few days.

If memory serves me right, there was a local mechanic lost more than a few bob doing work for the team

Well everyone can see the up to date "progress" of this building here.

www.ocean1tower.com/c_1.html

:):D

Was that taken three or four years ago? :D

It looks the same as it always does in that photo for the last few years .Its a cement mixing works with lorries taking cement daily to other sites .I pass by there most days ,and nothing has changed as far as i can observe .

Why is it that the developers behind these benighted projects feel the need to show off "wealth" in such ostentatious and vulgar ways? They sponsor Regattas, motor-racing teams, golf tournaments; they drive around in fancy cars, get seen at the most expensive restaurants smoking cohebas -- while their building plots grow weeds or serve as cement mixing sites.

If I were an investor, I would stay far, far away from nabobs who lead Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. That's MY money they'd be playing with while I look at a hole in the ground!

Not even a hole in the ground.

Edited by prospero

When I see these mock up models I think they look great - until you consider that no where in Thailand (or many other places) will the real life look as clean cut as a model. The nice row of perfect trees and green grass that ajoins the plot - pure day dream. Also the buildings themselves are fine on ribbon cutting day - the next day the hoards of street vendors and soi dogs move in and spoil the view.

...but I agree - it will never happen.

The main access road to the site of the cement batching plant has been destroyed at Soi 5 end by the floods, the other road that should be the main access past the tax office has also been destroyed at the corner by the Hanaman statue and the Ace Cafe by cement trucks, road works and flood water so how are they even going to get construction equipment in there if they ever start the project.

Countries that are successful first put in the infrastructure like roads, telephone lines, storm drains etc. Then the building boom and high rise skyscrapers will follow. This particular stretch of road has virtually no access, no drains, no reasonable city water supply, an uncertain electric supply and telephone lines that work only sometimes so who in their right mind will invest in a pretty model and cement plant?

Edited by Rimmer

[22:59:31']Not gonna happen......... :D

Thanks for the details :D

whats not gonna happen ?

From their website dated in March 2009. They must re-submit changes in design plans for City approval. I like others, am very skeptical how this project can move forward especially in this economic climate:

FFrom there March 2009

Balconies enclosed above the 50th level of Ocean 1 Tower

Following a recommendation to enclose the balconies above the 50th level of Ocean 1 Tower, architects Woods Bagot have now redesigned the top half of the building.

model.jpgOcean 1 Tower model and floor display

These plans were sent to Melbourne Australia for crucial wind tunnel tests which were all positive. A thorough report of more than 250 pages is being finalized and on completion this will be submitted to Pattaya City Hall who will amend the building permit allowing construction to commence.

The balconies above the 50th level have been redesigned as winter gardens ensuring safety in the case of high winds.

shopping_plaza.jpgRear view showing the shopping plaza

A three metre high model of the building and a floor plan model of an entire level have been placed in a prominent position at the main sales office in Pattaya Properties. These are available for inspection and can also be viewed from outside through the display window at any time of the day or night.

post-13-1255553462_thumb.jpg

This little beaut has just had the go ahead for the "Smokes "..east end....looks sim...

Pattaya../ .Tower "amlets...wonder? :D who will finish first.... :)