Honda Pcxi New Model November 09

beginner

Honda have announced a new 125cc fuel injected low friction water cooled engine in the PCX 125i.

Motorcycle Thailand com have some technical details and a 'review' but do not give any riding impressions. It starts off 'The Honda PCX 125i is pretty close to the best two-wheeler Honda has ever made'.

It has a catalyser fitted and an automatic stop/start system to save fuel. Both features seem a bit over the top for a run around scooter but are needed in the foreign markets that Honda intend exporting to.

The usual Honda Airblade features of combi brakes, plus an improved Fuel Injection system and larger seat and wheels are promised. Prices expected to be a little above the Airblade.

Local Honda sellers seem to have an embargo on giving out any information and say come back in November. They are not pushing for advance orders yet.

Has anyone actually seen one or come across a Road Test anywhere?

It sounds like a great new addition to the choices available.

Honda have announced a new 125cc fuel injected low friction water cooled engine in the PCX 125i.

Motorcycle Thailand com have some technical details and a 'review' but do not give any riding impressions. It starts off 'The Honda PCX 125i is pretty close to the best two-wheeler Honda has ever made'.

It has a catalyser fitted and an automatic stop/start system to save fuel. Both features seem a bit over the top for a run around scooter but are needed in the foreign markets that Honda intend exporting to.

The usual Honda Airblade features of combi brakes, plus an improved Fuel Injection system and larger seat and wheels are promised. Prices expected to be a little above the Airblade.

Local Honda sellers seem to have an embargo on giving out any information and say come back in November. They are not pushing for advance orders yet.

Has anyone actually seen one or come across a Road Test anywhere?

It sounds like a great new addition to the choices available.

Just do a search in this forum and for that matter the Internet in general. Example...I saw a 150 si in Vietnam and posted its picture here. That prompted my searching the web in general and I found out that Honda is currently offering this same machine in the U.S. for $4500. For some time now Honda has offered a 300 c.c. model in various locations around the planet. With a top speed of around 85 miles an hour it is reputed to stop very well, handle very well and go very well. So I doubt that a 125 c.c. Honda new model is the best machine it's introduced. It's just that Honda in both the Thai and the U.S. markets are decisively behind.