Moving Pension From My Uk Bank To Thailand

Nationwide does not allow international transfers via internet banking.

You have to send them a letter.

I wasnt going to reply to this, in case i invoked the "moderation is not debatable" argument, if anyone DARES to contradict a moderator, but, anyway:

What do I need to know if I'm registering using a foreign address?

When prompted, you must select 'registering using a foreign address' as the 'find address' search only works for UK addresses.

This was taken directly from the Nationwaide site itself.

So, no letter is required from you, and they will send you the details, plus anything else you require to do "international transfers via internet banking" as you put it. They will even send you such things as card readers, new cards etc. But, let me reiterate...... NO letter is needed from anyone using Nationwide account abroad

Penkoprod

Not sure where the Moderation comments come into it but this is the online message I sent to Nationwide and their reply. Their reply is first.

I wish you were correct.

Subject: Re: Current Account (FlexAccount) - Chaps & Swift payments <<#213323-1261267#>>

28 July 2009

Unique Tracking Number:

Dear Member,

Thank you for your message.

We are sorry but we are unable to accept faxed forms due to security purposes. You will have to post this from abroad.

Regards,

Robert Walker

Customer Consultant

http://www.nationwide.co.uk

Nationwide

--- Original Message ---

Received: 28/07/09 04:16:40 o'clock BST

To: <[email protected]>

Subject: Current Account (FlexAccount) - Chaps & Swift payments

With regards to the Swift Transfer Form.

To save time is it possible to send it by Fax or must it be posted if I am out outside UK at the time?

Thank You.

If you can give me a link where I can send a Swift Transfer online while I am in Thailand I would be very gratefull.

I have just searched the Nationwide site again and you can in fact send a Swift Transfer abroad via the internet. This must be very new as it was not available a few months ago.

You need the Card Reader and have to give a reason for the transfer if in Thailand.

So thank you Penkropod. You have saved me a lot of hassle .

Could have done without the Mod. comments though.

Log On.

Click Flex Account.

Click CHAPS or SWIFT Transfer

Click Currency to Overseas Bank (SWIFT)

Enter the Passcode here as displayed on your Card Reader

and click Authorise .

• 4 weeks later...
Hi can anybody give me some ideas how to move monies on a monthly basis from my uk bank account to thai bank account .I live in thailand but my bank in the uk will not allow me to do this by internet banking. If anybody has ideas how much does it cost to send say 1000gbp a month

What's the reason for not allowing you to transfer money? Maybe you should consider changing bank..

Sorry, not much help from me. Was just wondering what kind of bank wouldn't allow you to do what you want with your own money :)

I have a checking and savings account in Bank of Hawaii ( Hawaii = another 3rd world country if you ask me) and they don't even have the technology to transfer any funds anywhere. I'm currently looking for an American bank in Bangkok; would appreciate any info.

Thanks,

Keoki

I have just searched the Nationwide site again and you can in fact send a Swift Transfer abroad via the internet. This must be very new as it was not available a few months ago.

You need the Card Reader and have to give a reason for the transfer if in Thailand.

So thank you Penkropod. You have saved me a lot of hassle .

Could have done without the Mod. comments though.

Log On.

Click Flex Account.

and click Authorise .

I agree - this is VERY new:-

Requesting a SWIFT transfer online

To be able to submit your SWIFT form online, you'll need to be registered for internet banking and have been issued with a Card Reader. Your Card Reader will be used to confirm your payment. If you haven't been issued with a Card Reader you will need to print your form and send it to us.

If you are abroad but do not have your Card Reader to hand, you can print the SWIFT transfer form by following this link to our SWIFT transfer form. Please complete the form, print and sign it and then send the form to the address printed at the top of the form.

To access and submit/print the SWIFT transfer form online:

• Sign On to the Internet Bank
  • click on the 'My Accounts' tab to access the 'My Accounts' screen
  • from your 'Account List' click on the account you want to transfer funds from
  • click 'Other Services' from the menu on the left hand side of the screen
  • under the heading 'Financial Transactions', click on 'CHAPS or SWIFT Transfer'.

I used Nationwide extensively but opened a Halifax account because their online system is easy to use (care, THEY say it is not designed for use by overseas residents - see small print) - and it is only GBP 9.50 a time.

• 2 weeks later...
Log On.

Click Flex Account.

and click Authorise .

Important thing to remember: Make sure you mark currency as STERLING and not (Offshore) Baht, as the offshore rate is very poor.

With my Halifax account, you set up the TT as an overseas receiving account, so only have to do it ONCE. They send an OTP (One Time Password) by SMS to my mobile which I enter on the phone and it authorises the account setup. No card reader for me (YET!).

Thereafter, all you click is on Overseas payment, and enter the amount. Everything else is completed for you. Cost is £9.50 no matter the amount.

Small amounts come through within hours, whereas large (say £10,000+ ) go though Money Laundry checking so can take 4-5 days.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a link to Bangkok Bank's intl funds transfer info.

Hi,

BB staff told me that I can transfer funds from my UK bank account to a Bangkok Bank account in Thailand via my UK bank's internet banking service, using the sort code of BB London Branch.

Anyone here has tried this internet option before?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

:)