Heineken Cup Rugby

• 7 years later...

Tonight live 9 pm Thai time on Europsport (Astro 814)

Edinburgh v Toulouse

Full fixture list (Times are BST)

Saturday, 7 April 2012

Edinburgh v Toulouse, QF, 15:00

Leinster v Cardiff Blues, QF, 17:45

Sunday, 8 April 2012

Munster v Ulster, QF, 13:45

Saracens v Clermont Auvergne, QF, 16:30

Leinster Cardiff on at 0345 (not live)

Saracens Clermont tomorrow live

Munster Ulster in the small hours of Monday morning recorded

SC

Edit: Tonight's match, by the way, followed by a delayed telecast of the Hull Derby!

Edited by StreetCowboy

Its like poker at Murrayfield, the referee's dealing out so many cards...

Laidlaw brings Edinburgh up to 13 - 14 and now they have ten minutes against 14 men...34 minutes to go on the clock...

Saw this on another site

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2XTfHj/xaxor.com/funny-pics/38865-Funny-monkey-experiment.html/

and it reminded me of the joke that I am sure you're all familiar with, about the French boy with the English shirt...

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

And the clock is stopped at 79:29

Laidlaw lines up the kick...

"and history is made fresh every day... Edinburgh are into the semi-finals of the Heineken Cup for the first time"

Edinburgh 19 - 14 Toulouse

"and this the side that has only one team below them in the Celtic League... against four-time Heineken Cup winners, Toulouse"

yebyootieye!

SC

Edit: spelling corrected - an eff too many

and we're straight into a delayed telecast of the Hull derby, which you might remember Smokie watched in Diggers yesterday afternoon...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/454948-for-people-who-suffer/page__view__findpost__p__5198425

Edited by StreetCowboy

So no English teams in European semi-final rugby.

Brieve take on Scarlets to see if it will be an all-French Amlin Cup, Edinburgh go to Dublin to meet Ulster, and Leinster will meet Clermont in the Heineken Cup semi-finals...

SC

• 3 weeks later...

I imagine the rest of yu are cackling and rubbing your hands with glee at the weekend ahead.

I don't know about the True schedules, but Astro are showing:

Friday

11 pm: UAE v Hong Kong on Star SPorts, and repeated 3 or 4 times on Saturday

Saturday

A couple of Super XV games

Warrington v Bradford in the Challenge Cup

SUnday

Small hours (might be before midnight in Thailand) Ulster v Edinburgh

Late evening Clermont v Leinster

So much for getting a life. I'll need to stop past Cold Storage to stock up on Irn Bru on Friday evening...

SC

13-9 at half-time, and its an exciting enough game.

Ulster look the stronger team; Edinburgh look sharp in attack, but don't seem to have the reach to get over the try line...

But its a long 40 minutes ahead...

SC

and 13-12 just after half-time...

Edited by StreetCowboy

At 78 minutes I was hopeful; at 79 minutes I was desperate; and we scored after the clock turned red.

ULS 22 - 19 EDI. After snatching victory from the jaws of defeat against Bath, against Racing Metro, and taking Toulouse, Edinburgh finished strongly two minutes too late. Whom will Ulster meet at Twickenham? Leinster, or Clermont Auvergne?

SC

Ahhh not good.

Ahhh not good.

Well, could've been worse.

I was looking forward to a win up unitl the ball was touched down, and I looked up to the top left corner and it said 80:05 in red.

But what does Andy Robinson do to our players?

It looked as if we were passing as if our players were three inches fitter, the number of knock-ons we gave away.

Ah, c'est la vie, as the English say. I've still got half a can of beer left, and the neighbours will be struggling to get back to sleep

SC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Here we are, with Heineken Cup rugby, though I'll be drinking tiger bottle. Tiger bottle can, tiger can cannot, as the chap told me in the shop.

An Astro, the Edinburgh Saracens game is being shown mid-afternoon on Saturday, and the Northampton Glasgow game late in the evening on Sunday

SC

Do they still show the Heineken cup games on Eurosport ?

Edinburgh 0 - 16 Saracens(HT)

Racing Metro 13 - 10 Munster(HT)

Zebre 3 - 9 Connacht(HT)

Frustratingly, I got my time difference wrong, and tuned into the BBC Web site an hour late for the Edinburgh Saracens game. Not to worry ... I can't access that commentary from outside the UK anyway... because the BBC don't have broadcast rights for the Heineken Cup outside the UK, Eurosport have those rights, and are showing several games; there's one live at midnight, Thai time, and Edinburgh Saracens mid-afternoon tomorrow. I don't recall the full schedule