For People Who Suffer ...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian's aye gittin' intae bother fir pitchers ae tarts. Mebbe he needs mair jam than art.

Huvye sent this oantae oor Patsie?

SC

Heh so he is. Naebody's heard fie oor favourite jam Tart recently have they? Mibbe she'll spot this and be back on soon.

In the meantime here's a slightly better pic...

post-78923-0-80096400-1333782244_thumb.j

Sowisyetherejohnnynomatesonyerseeneytoddlike,man

It seems a wee bit quiet - cryptic, even

SC

Aye I popped in to watch the rugby. What a perfect pub...superb 80/-....bit quiet right enough for a Bank Holiday like..mind you a few hangovers fae Thursday night. Nae such luck for me as I'd been workin so wiz nice n fresh ken?

Nae need tae harangue the barman....he just knew whit a wanted...Hull sprung on to the screen....well they did in the second half at least....

Edit: Ma spelling's always <deleted> efter a tattie scone.

Edited by smokie36

Sowisyetherejohnnynomatesonyerseeneytoddlike,man

It seems a wee bit quiet - cryptic, even

SC

Aye I popped in to watch the rugby. What a perfect pub...superb 80/-....bit quiet right enough for a Bank Holiday like..mind you a few hangovers fae Thursday night. Nae such luck for me as I'd been workin so wiz nice n fresh ken?

Nae need tae harangue the barman....he just knew whit a wanted...Hull sprung on to the screen....well they did in the second half at least....

Edit: Ma spelling's always <deleted> efter a tattie scone.

My apologies for the spelling; a missing w and the whole sentence was probably meaningless

Error corrected:

Sowisyetherejohnnynomatesonyersweeneytoddlike,man

I'm sure that's clear now.

As Johnny Cash said "... work on harmony and diction

And if you have political convictions keep them to yourself"

SC

Just cuz Im Canadiun don meen I aint bin round des establishments..

Bridgenorth_1.sized.jpg

Bridgenorth_pub_2.sized.jpg

Dunbridge_Pub_3.sized.jpg

E4_Dunbridge_Pub_2.sized.jpg

E18_Pub_on_Avon.sized.jpg

Iron_bridge_pub_1.sized.jpg

Iron_bridge_pub_4.sized.jpg

Pub_at_Houghten_2.sized.jpg

Rose_Crown_Pub_1.sized.jpg

The only place they wouldn't let me in was the second floor of the Grosvenor pub in Stockbridge and that was reserved for members of the Houghtan Club

Stockbridge_7.sized.jpg

Edited by IanForbes

Has the brewery gone, along with the customers?

Was Patsycat not there?

I had a look on googlemaps, and I got the impression that the brewery had been replaced by a 'leisure complex' -

for those of you about to book flights to Scotland, that is NOT the same as an Entertainment Complex!

SC

Ugh. England. rolleyes.gif

As clear a case of not understanding as you will ever see on this forum.

Well I thought they looked quite nice.

Where's that Bear Inn? The walls reminded me of Chester, or York, in which case I think I've been in for lunch, though I could be wrong - many years since I was in such places.

SC

Where's that Bear Inn? The walls reminded me of Chester, or York, in which case I think I've been in for lunch, though I could be wrong - many years since I was in such places.

SC

Aye aw glitter and nae substance.

SC

I slid into a bar and had tyae back step for the politiccs , but it was a nice pintof 60/ , that was ........

SC

I slid into a bar and had tyae back step for the politiccs , but it was a nice pintof 60/ , that was ........

I think I'll away to pick up some tame tigers for the rugby the night - and imagine myself in the Holy Land watching the Saracens. Its a long way fae the Sarries Heid, and there's aye the risk ae a sair heid the morras mornin' tho.

I could fair go a 60/, or a Gillespies. My dear old mother was a Gillespies girl, by the way; I suppose she still is.

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

• 3 weeks later...

Hus thus threahd turnt intae a Scottish threahd or sumthin? When did thaht metamorphasisisiss cum aboot? I thought it wuz aboot turrets?

IM002827_prefRes.jpg

Oh..is it aboot Scottish turrets noo then...? Aff, a Cannae be arse to go back intae google, y'ul just haftae huv that one an lump it.

• Like 2

Here ya go eek.....Scotland as it is today....

post-78923-0-29963800-1335620815_thumb.j

biggrin.png

I'm in Glasgow and it is a beautiful day, beautiful........Motherwell are up 2-0 against St Johnstone, and we're heading for the Champions League, the Sun has got it's hat on and the clouds are playing at "funny shapes" in the pristine blue sky.

Beautiful day wub.png

biggrin.png

I'm in Glasgow and it is a beautiful day, beautiful........Motherwell are up 2-0 against St Johnstone, and we're heading for the Champions League, the Sun has got it's hat on and the clouds are playing at "funny shapes" in the pristine blue sky.

Beautiful day wub.png

I must get doon there over the summer....a few jars mibbe on the Saturday and then a punishing walk aboot Loch Lomond Sunday...ahhh....heaven!

biggrin.png

Beautiful day wub.png

I must get doon there over the summer....a few jars mibbe on the Saturday and then a punishing walk aboot Loch Lomond Sunday...ahhh....heaven!

I know some establishments of ill repute. Come down and we will continue your corruptive education. drunk.gif

biggrin.png

Beautiful day wub.png

I know some establishments of ill repute. Come down and we will continue your corruptive education. drunk.gif

Haha I'll do that for sure Mr Blether....I'll PM ya when I'm heading doon there! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1