New Visa Type? 3 Month Or 90 Days ?

TODAY WENT FOR MY THIRTH 3 ENTRY VISA AT CONSULATE ANTWERP NO TRIPLE ANYMORE TO RECEIVE TOLD BY ANYWAY FRIENDLY LADY, REASON....ORDERS FROM BRUSSELS THAI EMBASY , BECAUSE THEY GIVE NO FREE SINGLE TOURIST VISA 60 DAYS. :D ....TRY TO UNDERSTAND THAI LOGICA.... :) ANYWAY A 90 DAYS SINGLE ENTRY COULD BE GIVEN.

ANYBODY EXPIERIENCE THIS TYPE WHAT ARE EXTENSION POSSIBILITYS ??

ALSO I BOOKED MY TICKET FROM EVA IN bkk TO AMSTERDAM , AND NOW GO USING MY RETURN TO bkk, BUT.... DO I NEED NOW A RETURN TICKET TO SHOW? BECAUSE WITH A TRIPLE ONE NO NEED AS THE EXACT RETURN DATE IS NOT SHURE BECAUSE THE ENTRYS ??

ANY TIP WELCOME

I wonder whether his visa difficulties stem from his prior 3 triple entry visa's. :D

no, correction , i have only 2 former triple entrys whiteout any problem, this should be my thirth. Before looking inside my pssport they said it allready....., policy because they give now the free 60 days visa free....., Thai filosofy i presume, :) ORDERS from Embassy Brussels (i allways go consulate Antwerp).....so an other T.I.T. way off thinking :D

could compare it with goiing to gold shop buying 3 bath golden ring , and be replyed they only wish to sell you the cheaper

because they are in publicity offer :D:D ..... ( yess i know by now ... do not try to understand Thai way brains... :D )

so by the answers i think i can not extend it at immigration for the 1900 bath system? and i do NOT need a return ticket allready ?? (as i fly reversed way , bkk to Europe)

thx and sorry for the shouting keyboard incident :D

An entry on a tourist visa can be extended by 30 days, if you have two entries you can extend each entry by 30 days. Make sure you use the second entry before the visa expires.

It is just that the tourist visa is free, the extension not.

Edit:

With a visa you don't need a return ticket.

A 90 day Visa would be a Non Imm O Visa. This cannot be extended unless doing it for 12 months if you qualify for Retirement or by having a Thai Wife etc.

BTW . NO NEED TO SHOUT. :D

Soso now i have to quick merry to a Thai :D:D:D:D , i qualify in age for retirement , but not in financial way for the moment :D , and even if i could i prefer that money for condo buyng roader then on Thai bank :) , so i think i go for future visa to learn Thai........ and it shal take me looooong time too ''graduate'' :D ....''a house has many doors.....''

david, go to liège, you should be able to get a non-O for a year easily. phone numbers and adress are on google.

THX, but it will ''trigger questions'' ,maybe even inform Antwerp consulate as Liege French talking territory an Antwerp Dutch talking :D , and they are not really difficult Antwerp as they also could give 1 year , but have to show ''official income '' 'higher then 1250 euro , and i disliked tax paying in my life before :D , explaining was the free visa 60 days ,

ORDERS from Thai EMBASSY in Brussels , so they could not help, but gave 3 months 1 entry ,but NO leaving Thailand they said, i reply so now i MAY STAY 90 days 1 piece + extension 30 days , is ok also for me ,no visa run :D , later maybe no free visa anymore and triple comes alive again :) , i do not like ''ennemys'' especcially on thai consulate :D

Think thai gov. like to peppup their tourist statistics , verry soon they have no toes to shoot in anymore :D

flying eva next wedsnday 21 :D

...gave 3 months 1 entry ,but NO leaving Thailand they said, i reply so now i MAY STAY 90 days 1 piece + extension 30 days , is ok also for me ,no visa run :) ...

I think you misunderstand what you have. It is not clear to me either, without seeing the visa, but it appears that you got a single-entry tourist visa valid for travel to Thailand within 90 days from the date of issue. If this is the case, then on arrival in Thailand you will receive permission to stay for 60 days and can apply at an immigration office for a 30-day extension, which will give you a total stay of 90 days without having to leave the country.

--

Maestro

...gave 3 months 1 entry ,but NO leaving Thailand they said, i reply so now i MAY STAY 90 days 1 piece + extension 30 days , is ok also for me ,no visa run :) ...

I think you misunderstand what you have. It is not clear to me either, without seeing the visa, but it appears that you got a single-entry tourist visa valid for travel to Thailand within 90 days from the date of issue. If this is the case, then on arrival in Thailand you will receive permission to stay for 60 days and can apply at an immigration office for a 30-day extension, which will give you a total stay of 90 days without having to leave the country.

--

Maestro

I think I have an understanding of what OP is on about, may be right may be wrong but I'll try anyway...

The tourist visa fee has a temporary concession from the 25 June 2009 until further notice for a single entry tourist visa, it's valid for travel to be used within 3 months from date of issue and will give you the 60 days on arrival then you can extend by the 30 days at immigration, the fee of £28 UK price has been waived, but even though the £28 fee has been waived you now have to pay an administration fee of £15, concession only applies for the single entry.

If you opt for the double or triple entry tourist visa then it's valid for travel 6 months from date of issue and it costs £28 per entry, so a double entry would cost £56, and a triple entry £84, as the OP is in the euro zone I'd expect prices to differ a little..

Any of that make any sense.?.

The OP's

BECAUSE THEY GIVE NO FREE SINGLE TOURIST VISA 60 DAYS.
is why I'm thinking of what might of been the misunderstanding by the OP, and I'd say that the UK visa rules are the same as the OP's country.?. Edited by MB1

No, MB1, your post does not make sense. The fact that one honorary consulate in the UK has chosen to charge an administrative fee for the free issuance of tourist visas does not mean that other consulates in the UK or elsewhere in the world charge a similar fee.

--

Maestro

--

Maestro

This is my belief as to what the Op has too, but only seeing a scan of the visa will confirm. Previously he had 2 triple entry tourist visas and was declined his third triple entry tourist visa this time round, so ended up with single entry tourist visa.

The OP's
is why I'm thinking of what might of been the misunderstanding by the OP, and I'd say that the UK visa rules are the same as the OP's country.?.

I think the Op's posting contained a typo. Read it this way: "They give noW free single tourist visa 60 days" (meaning they now give 60 day single entry tourist visa for free). And I believe that is what he got.

Edited by thaiphoon

The OP's
is why I'm thinking of what might of been the misunderstanding by the OP, and I'd say that the UK visa rules are the same as the OP's country.?.

I think the Op's posting contained a typo. Read it this way: "They give noW free single tourist visa 60 days" (meaning they now give 60 day single entry tourist visa for free). And I believe that is what he got.

Just read it that way and yes you may be correct, I am of the understanding that the free visa is for single entry only and if you want the double or triple entry option then you have to pay the usual price for each entry required, UK triple entry price £84, double £56, single entry was £28 but now free, but not as free as I'd like because there is now a £15 admin fee, plus the usual £8 return postage fee.

No, MB1, your post does not make sense. The fact that one honorary consulate in the UK has chosen to charge an administrative fee for the free issuance of tourist visas does not mean that other consulates in the UK or elsewhere in the world charge a similar fee.

I'd say that if one consulate in the UK charges the admin fee of £15 for the issue of the free single entry tourist visa then all in the UK will be the same.

I'll check on it and let you know.

MB1, you are off topic with your talk about the UK. david555 got his visa in Belgium, at the Thai consulate in Antwerp.

I did not read the first post in this topic because it is all in capital letters, but from the topic title I understand that the question was whether there is a "New type? 3 month or 90 days?" visa, and from his later post I saw that he has a single-entry visa and believes that it will give him permission to stay for 90 with the possibility of extension by 30 days, which appears to be a misunderstanding on his part and needs to be clarified.

--

Maestro

MB1, you are off topic with your talk about the UK. david555 got his visa in Belgium, at the Thai consulate in Antwerp.

I did not read the first post in this topic because it is all in capital letters, but from the topic title I understand that the question was whether there is a "New type? 3 month or 90 days?" visa, and from his later post I saw that he has a single-entry visa and believes that it will give him permission to stay for 90 with the possibility of extension by 30 days, which appears to be a misunderstanding on his part and needs to be clarified.

--

Maestro

Oh God i triggered so many answers and even more confusions, if i collect my visa monday i shall know witch visa i received ( as TH has visa different same as Chinese Takeaway restaurant :D )

As they are always verry friendly on the consulate i believe really their story about tourist their visa free ''explanation''''and under orders from Embassy, howevher the responsable person for visa said STRAIGHT 3 months or 90 days single entry.

so i could be possible they ''avoid'' the orders from embassy by giving a non immigrant visom -others >O

because thats the only one i can find on their website, but i have shurely 90 days STRAIGHT :D , because i asked if this can be granted an 30days extension at 1900 bath from or friends at jomtien :D , they could not answer that.

I do not think about the back to back as i only haved in all my tourist carriere for TH 1 arrival extention, and 2 triple entry tourist visa from Antwerp consulate and all ways approx 1 month between arrival Belgium and new departure ,so that must make me a real tourist :D i think ( :D )so i think they managed something ....to me

so guys thx for the reply , do not break heads over it as i do not too, i fly 21 and shall see ,its anyway probably 90+30= 120 an d i will arrange for th scool :)

so guys thx for the reply , do not break heads over it as i do not too, i fly 21 and shall see ,its anyway probably 90+30= 120 an d i will arrange for th scool :)

If it is a Non Imm O Single Entry you will get 90 days but it cannot be extended for another 30 days.

If you have single entry Non Immigrant visa you will get 90 day permission to stay on entry. That can be extended for 7 days at immigration (fee 1900 baht).

If you have single entry tourist visa you will get 60 day permission to stay on entry. That can be extended for 30 days at immigration (fee 1900 baht).

Anything different that the consulate tells you is wrong. Unfortunately whilst embassies and consulates may try to he helpful, they are generally not well versed in immigration matters.

If you have single entry Non Immigrant visa you will get 90 day permission to stay on entry. That can be extended for 7 days at immigration (fee 1900 baht).

If you have single entry tourist visa you will get 60 day permission to stay on entry. That can be extended for 30 days at immigration (fee 1900 baht).

Anything different that the consulate tells you is wrong. Unfortunately whilst embassies and consulates may try to he helpful, they are generally not well versed in immigration matters.

LOOK here i found maybe the answer on Both possibillitys, mark that visa giving possibillitys are different from country to country :D ,and second give opportunitys to prepare for further aplications for longer stay , not especcially as tourist ,thats what i unfderstand out of it.

anyway i will see , only trouble thinking is if airline go make problem for return ticket as i use now my return as coming FROM Bkk and goiing back from Amsterdam(open return EVA) :)

thx for the attention from u all

http://www.andamancove.com/obtaining-a-visa-for-thailand/

Tourist visa - Issued by Thai embassy abroad - These visa's will be valid for 60 or 90 days (varies from country to country) :D . You may apply for more than one Tourist visa at a time and these multiple visa's may be used up consecutively. Many quasi resident visitors to Phuket (who do not work - or want to avoid the red tape of a Non Immigrant visa) live for years on a tourist visa by doing "visa runs", which are short trips either by bus or plane across the border to a neighboring country like Lao, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore. So long as you are solvent and not engaging in any local business activity, there is nothing wrong with this approach.

Non Immigrant visa - Issued at an embassy outside Thailand and valid for a 90 day stay, this visa may be extended within Thailand for periods up to one year at a time. There are three basic grounds to obtain and renew a Non Immigrant visa. 1) that you are employed (and have a work permit) in Thailand. 2) That you have Thai family. 3) That you are retired and can prove adequate pension or other financial means to support yourself. Ownership (or long lease) of property has no bearing on the extension of a Non Immigrant visa. Lengthy form filling and copying of personal documents (in duplicate) are required both when you first apply and for every subsequent renewal of this visa. If you hold a non Immigrant visa, you should obtain a Re-Entry or Multiple Entry permit if leaving the country and you do not wish your visa to lapse.