Car Licence Expired Feb 2008

Spoonman

I assume due to the length of time since it expired i will need to jump though all the hoops to renew, whats actually involved, i dont have an International Driving Permit but my Aus licence is still valid.

Paperwork, medical cert, copy of visa, copy of work permit, what else is required, do i need a residency cert from Immigration or does my work permit cover this one.

I assume due to the length of time since it expired i will need to jump though all the hoops to renew, whats actually involved, i dont have an International Driving Permit but my Aus licence is still valid.

Paperwork, medical cert, copy of visa, copy of work permit, what else is required, do i need a residency cert from Immigration or does my work permit cover this one.

I presume you mean the annual road tax? You need the car registration book, the old tax, your compulsory insurance certificate and that is it, I believe (but cannot confirm) that there is a fine for any unpaid tax that was due.

Just show your current and valid Australian drivers license and they will give you a 1 year Thai license. Happened to me 10 years when I forgot to renew it for 2 years, showed my original one, filled in some forms and all back to normal.

edit: typo

Edited by joncl

I presume you mean the annual road tax? You need the car registration book, the old tax, your compulsory insurance certificate and that is it, I believe (but cannot confirm) that there is a fine for any unpaid tax that was due.

Road tax ??? nah, drivers licence.