Citadines Sukhumvit Soi 8

rocketmanbkk

Hello

I will be arriving in Bangkok in November and have been looking for a decent place to stay that is conveniet for shops, bars, eat, coffee etc.

Citadines in Soi 8 has good reviews from what i have read, seems convenient to many places and transport, has a pool, rooms look great etc. etc.

The prices are good for when I want to stay.

Do you think that this place is better than The Dawin? (I can get Citadines a little cheaper)

Does anyone have any comments on this place?

Cheers

Egg

I did stay in soi 8 last month, but at the Royal Asia lodge. As you say quite cheaper than the usual soi 4 or around that area. Close to Nana skytrain and most of those hotels provide a free Tuk Tuk to Suckhamvit main Road. I would reccomend in a heartbeat.

Hello

I will be arriving in Bangkok in November and have been looking for a decent place to stay that is conveniet for shops, bars, eat, coffee etc.

Citadines in Soi 8 has good reviews from what i have read, seems convenient to many places and transport, has a pool, rooms look great etc. etc.

Do you think that this place is better than The Dawin? (I can get Citadines a little cheaper)

Cheers

Egg

hi , i stayed in the citadines on soi 8 two weeks ago, fully recommend it and great rooms.

Hello

I have stayed at the Citadines in Soi 8 several times (also the one in Soi 11). The one in Soi 8 is nice and quiet as it is at the far end of the Soi from Sukhumvit. They run a free Tuk Tuk from the hotel as it is a 500 mtrs to Suk' Rd. Nana station is right there too.

Rooms are good and the staff friendly. Enjoy!!

Cheers

Egg

Hello

I have stayed at the Citadines in Soi 8 several times (also the one in Soi 11). The one in Soi 8 is nice and quiet as it is at the far end of the Soi from Sukhumvit. They run a free Tuk Tuk from the hotel as it is a 500 mtrs to Suk' Rd. Nana station is right there too.

Rooms are good and the staff friendly. Enjoy!!

Cheers

Egg

My frd stayed at soi 11 citidines ...was good and nice breakfast ..bed supper club and Qbar just besides to party too :)

Just don't stay at salil hotel thonglor soi1 . we got robbed $ 200.

Please give more info. I have stayed at the Salil on Suk Soi 8 several times and enjoyed my stay. Was the $ in your room? your safe?

Thanks

kdf

So, I still do not know what price range that mentioned Hotels are.

I used to stay in Sukhumvit Soi 11 Grand Business Inn 1.600.- B. or sometimes Soi 11/1 Business Inn for much less (800.-) but also much less quality.

Now until the Promotion lasts I stay in the new IBIS Nana in Soi Nana, Internetbooking 2 day in advance, 1.235.- B.

Thats a good deal for a new Hotel and it has Parking space to.

as a frequent business traveller in China, I chose my hotels very carefully. I now always use tripadviser, log on and check the guest comments on the hotel I am looking at. I dont know if the Citadanes in Bangkok is part of the Ascott group, but I stayed at the Citadanes in Shanghai and was very pleasantly surprised

Hello

Cheers

Egg

I have stayed at Citadines on Sukhumvit soi 11 when they just opened in a 2-bedroom suite. It was definitely good value for money. Everything clean and functional. My only crticism was a very strange smell in our suite (2nd floor) despite full on air con. It's not as spacious or luxurious as Fraser Suites or grand president (also on soi 11).

Hi Gents,

I have a similar situation to Egg. However, I am looking for either a hotel or small apartment 3-6 months. Some half decent hotels have offerred some really good long term rates as low as 1100-1200, but the idea of staying in one room has me feeling a little claustrophic already, although I'd be out working five days a week. The upside of a hotel is breakfast, cleaning, pool & gym. Maybe I could push them for a suite for a little more.

I am thinking about Windsor Suites or Grand President in Sukhumvit, but an apartment may also be the answer.

Does anybody have experience or or suggestions about 3-6 months long term accommodation in BKK. My preference is Sukhumvit for a dailly commute to Chitlom.

However, with the occasional visit from my wife maybe I should look outside of Sukhumvit.

So the choices as I see it are either Sukhumvit, the city centre or maybe down by the river.

Appreciate your advice.

Cheers,

G

citadines soi 8 one bedroom is more claustraphobic than their studio. Their pool you cannot swim in. Much recent word of mouth in Bkk is that Omni very very negotiable and I saw a room there that was a quite nice studi0. I heard Old reports though of children from a certain country fouling in the pool. Recent word of mouth is that this is not a problem now!! Yes it is deeper away from Sukhumvit road but Tuk tuk free service. Soi 4 (soi Nana) is easy to walk once you get 500 yards in. May be worth a look.

Hi Gents,

I have a similar situation to Egg. However, I am looking for either a hotel or small apartment 3-6 months. Some half decent hotels have offerred some really good long term rates as low as 1100-1200, but the idea of staying in one room has me feeling a little claustrophic already, although I'd be out working five days a week. The upside of a hotel is breakfast, cleaning, pool & gym. Maybe I could push them for a suite for a little more.

I am thinking about Windsor Suites or Grand President in Sukhumvit, but an apartment may also be the answer.

Does anybody have experience or or suggestions about 3-6 months long term accommodation in BKK. My preference is Sukhumvit for a dailly commute to Chitlom.

However, with the occasional visit from my wife maybe I should look outside of Sukhumvit.

So the choices as I see it are either Sukhumvit, the city centre or maybe down by the river.

Appreciate your advice.

Cheers,

G

You may want to look at furnished apartments in the On Nut area of Sukhumvit (last BTS stop, E9). Prices in this area range as follows, (prices in Thai Baht) studios 11,000. 1 bedroom, bathroom and kitchen 15,000. 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom and kitchen 20,000 per month. Half the price of condos in lower Suhkumvit!

The condo complex I live in (Lumpini 77, Soi On Nut) has great facilities, large pool, fitness suite, steam room, childrens play area, 2 family marts, 3 laundries, 4 restaurants, internet cafe, hairdressers, beauty salon, Thai massage.

24/7 security and cctv, ATM's on site, Tesco Lotus, Carrefour and On Nut BTS just 500 meters down the road.

Skytrain from On Nut to Chitlom takes about 15 mins and trains run every three minutes.

You should be able to get a six month let no problem, this will cost you about half the price of a hotel for the same period of time and with better facilities, if you require a maid service this can be provided, I pay 1,800 per month for my 2 bed/2 bath apartment to be cleaned top to bottom once a week.

There are other good value condos in the area but I cannot comment on the level of service or quality of these, all I can tell you is that mine is excellent.

Have a look at this area, I think you may be pleasantly surprised, but good look in your search anyway.

Edited by OnNutter