Best Exchange Rate?

poolpisser

Hello,

I will be going back to the states for 2 weeks to visit family and go shopping for stuff I can't get in BKK. I want to know what is the best way to, well... keep my money.

I have a Bangkok Bank account with the B first VISA Electron ATM card.

I no longer have a US bank account.

Is it better to just withdraw money from an ATM in the states?

Is it better to withdraw from local (BKK) ATM and exchange at BKK Airport, or LAX Airport (USA)?

I hope you understand the question I'm asking? If there is a better way, please advice on this as well.

I will be dealing with a maximum of 60,000 THB (1,600 USD)

Thank you. :o:D

I think you'd probably be better off using your ATM debit card (no commissions, etc). American Express or VISA Travelers Checks may also be another option (easy to cash and easily replaced if lost or stolen).

Most banks and businesses in USA are not familar with "money exchange", when compared to Europe and the Far East. Could take days to change currency and the fees will be astronomical.

Have a great trip. :o

I think you'd probably be better off using your ATM debit card (no commissions, etc). American Express or VISA Travelers Checks may also be another option (easy to cash and easily replaced if lost or stolen).

Most banks and businesses in USA are not familar with "money exchange", when compared to Europe and the Far East. Could take days to change currency and the fees will be astronomical.

Have a great trip. :D

[/quote At]Bangkok bank you can now have a B first "VISA" debit card ,which can be used internationaly,unlike them crapy electron cards' :D:o

Edited by dog