Rangsit Hospital

Dakhar

My wife fell ill from food poisoning. She had it pretty bad, squirts ever 15 minutes, and it was all we could do to keep her from messing herself. Felt terrible for her.

So I took her to Rangsit hospital it was the closest available. She had been have the squirts for about 4-5 hours and with vomiting, so she was really wore out. One doctor saw her in an exam room for about 5 seconds and ordered her to a "treatment" room. There she got a shot & we waited. During the wait (1hr) I had to wheel her to the bath room 4 times and let her do what she had to do. She was in tears and just drained.... still no doctors.

I told her to ask for a "real room" so I can move her to the bathroom faster, so we got a room.

We were in the room for about 8 hrs and my wife asked the nurse why we haven't had a doctor visit us yet. A "doctor" finally did come by.

He spoke with my wife for about 45 seconds..... and here is the kicker.... HE HAD A PAIR OF IPOD HEADPHONES IN HIS EARS DURNING THE INTIRE CONSULT. He bolted out of the door before any questions could be asked. I was really shocked by this "consult."

I could go on about this "hospital" but ultimatley, my wife had enough of the place and asked me to take her home. 1800 Baht, you get what u pay for....

Next time try the hospital on Chaengwattana Road near the Big C, I can't remember the name of it though, sorry. I went there with a similar condition to your wife and got way over the top treatment. I was taken straight into the emergency room on a wheelchair, saw a doctor within 5 minutes and a wheelchair to the bathroom! Total cost including enough meds for a couple of further episodes was around 800 baht.

Edited by Gippy

I've used Rangstit hospital a few times and not really had any problems with it. It's not the cleanest or most modern but for my kids the treatment was fine.

The only minor complaint i had was that if you stay over night there is only a fold-up "camping" bed for visitors to sleep on. One of my kids was in there for 3 nights with pneumonia and i was knackered by the time she was sent home.

I cannot comment on Rangsit, but I have found other hospitals to be much more responsive.

In these cases you are usually put in a drip to rehydrate and given appropriate drugs

to control the problem.

I once went to the toilet 20 times in one day.........

An awful lot of hospitals are way understaffed and overloaded. Too bad those kids standing around 'working' at the Mall, Central, etc. don't have the means and discipline to go into medicine.

I'd rather get charged more at private hospitals and not have to wait than to wait it out at some of the gov't hospitals, have actually seen more than a few of those 15 second consultations before... and that's after patients were waiting around for hours.

:)

My wife fell ill from food poisoning. She had it pretty bad, squirts ever 15 minutes, and it was all we could do to keep her from messing herself. Felt terrible for her.

So I took her to Rangsit hospital it was the closest available. She had been have the squirts for about 4-5 hours and with vomiting, so she was really wore out. One doctor saw her in an exam room for about 5 seconds and ordered her to a "treatment" room. There she got a shot & we waited. During the wait (1hr) I had to wheel her to the bath room 4 times and let her do what she had to do. She was in tears and just drained.... still no doctors.

I told her to ask for a "real room" so I can move her to the bathroom faster, so we got a room.

We were in the room for about 8 hrs and my wife asked the nurse why we haven't had a doctor visit us yet. A "doctor" finally did come by.

He spoke with my wife for about 45 seconds..... and here is the kicker.... HE HAD A PAIR OF IPOD HEADPHONES IN HIS EARS DURNING THE INTIRE CONSULT. He bolted out of the door before any questions could be asked. I was really shocked by this "consult."

I could go on about this "hospital" but ultimatley, my wife had enough of the place and asked me to take her home. 1800 Baht, you get what u pay for....

Ake Pathum Hospital between Klongs 2 & 3 on the Rangsit-Ongkarak Road is pretty good. We go there for routine medical problem. Had our 16 year old nephew down there a couple days ago for a sewing job, 3 month old granddaughter saw the pediatrician same day, good service.

For more serious stuff, operations, we go to Vibhavadee Hospital there at the corner of Ngam Wong Wan & Vibhavadee Road. Excellent service.

Mac

Rangsit is not a Govt hospital

We could not get her to a more "posh" hospital before she would have messed her shorts...

In short, we had little choice.

Yes she was placed on an IV, at my request...

I should have said more 'general population' type hospitals, just being a private hospital doesn't mean you'll get fast, attentive, and superior quality care. There are first, second, and 3rd (and worse) tier private hospitals. Thanks for the info though, will note it as a place to avoid.

Good thing she got to see a doctor though, there are plenty of folks who wait all day and then the doctor goes home and they have to try again the next day.

:)