Things To Do In Buriram ?

expatman

It's almost time again for a trip to Buriram to haul the wife and kid back to Bangkok after the school holidays.

What's there to do there ? I've already been to the Khmer ruins (several times), the Buddha statue on top of the hill, the zoo, the butterfly farm.

Where do local farangs hang out ? I've been to the Bamboo Bar a few times (in the daytime), but never saw anyone there except the staff.

It's almost time again for a trip to Buriram to haul the wife and kid back to Bangkok after the school holidays.

What's there to do there ? I've already been to the Khmer ruins (several times), the Buddha statue on top of the hill, the zoo, the butterfly farm.

Where do local farangs hang out ? I've been to the Bamboo Bar a few times (in the daytime), but never saw anyone there except the staff.

There is tons of local info on Buriramexpats and Surinfarang sites. You might want to lurk there.

Dave

true, take a look in the local to get idea on what's going on in the area right now.

also the bamboo bar is not alone in the area and there is the international bar (mark's bar) near them.

see the buriramexpats map in their website. very helpful.

surin has also what to offer.. :)

I agree, the map of Buriram there,is very good. :D

Surin has a larger amount of Thai and Ferang restaurants, with a new one opening this month called Starbeam. Its owned/run by an American Guy and a welcome alternative

to the present English/German/Norwegian places.

To quote the 'Loneyplanet guide'... the city has a suprisingly wild nightlife too.

Us Surinfarangs are a friendly bunch and there is rarely any trouble in the bars here.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...