Wedding Venue Sisaket

Nakrob

Just back from Sisaket on a trip to plan our wedding next year. We checked out and applied for access to the Cultural Centre just outside town for the evening reception. Contacted them today to confirm and they now tell us that despite paying for the venue we have to sign a document that allows them to cancel our booking right up to the last minute! How about that for wedding planning. We're thinking of pulling the plug but where else is there in Sisaket? We've checked out the Kessiri and Phrompiman hotels both both are a bit grotty. The Laithong on Ubon is top marks but is too far for the family. Any suggestions?

Are you sure your wife wants something posh?

I live only 45k from Si Saket (sorry do not know Si Saket venues) and decided to go with my wife's choice of venue in her local village when we married in June. It turned out to be a local cattle market shed - smell and all - and by all my normal western criteria should have been a disaster. But it turned out to be a ball and in retrospect the thought of moving 325 villagers (only 250 were invited!) to a hotel or out of environment location would have made for a stuffed-shirt do.

Maybe I'll post my blog of the wedding run-up when I get back from the baby clinic!

Have a great time what ever you do.

Are you sure your wife wants something posh?

I live only 45k from Si Saket (sorry do not know Si Saket venues) and decided to go with my wife's choice of venue in her local village when we married in June. It turned out to be a local cattle market shed - smell and all - and by all my normal western criteria should have been a disaster. But it turned out to be a ball and in retrospect the thought of moving 325 villagers (only 250 were invited!) to a hotel or out of environment location would have made for a stuffed-shirt do.

Maybe I'll post my blog of the wedding run-up when I get back from the baby clinic!

Have a great time what ever you do.

Thanks SantiSuk,

Wouldn't say that the Phrompiman is posh but yes thats the level we were pitching for. We'd contemplated the local village school but its less convenient. We live in Australia and have family/friends coming from the UK and Australia as well as lots of my partners friends from Bangkok and up country so a central location for the evening reception was better. Maybe we'll stick with the Phrompiman. All the mornings activities are in the village anyway.