Most Convenient

DJ_Tom

which is the most convenient ?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BangkokTaxi.jpg

songthew.jpg

bangkok-tuk-tuk.jpg

b_bus.jpg

canal_boat.jpg

mctaxi.jpg

transport-skytrain-400.jpg

bangk-underg03.jpg

van.gif

Of course you should all be used to the notorious Bangkok traffic.

I find the BTS Sky Train most convenient and like it the best because it lets me commute to work on time, keep myself cool and more importantly there's usually loads of fit lasses in it :D

When I've got time, I like to take the tourist boat along the Chrao Praya on my own. Don't know why but I just love it :o

I'd say the underground. This is because i live in Lad Prao and work in bang Sue. So only 4 stops to work. I play football at Suk Soi 105 on the weekend. So i take the tube to Asoke and change to the skytrain. I use Taxis to goto KSR when i go. Also motocys from the tube to work. Its not that far to work. But i was injured due to football last year and have kept using them. Lazy i know but its not a lot of money. Buses i very rarely use. I used to live in Pinklao. so i used bikes then the boat. The boat was a nice way to travel to work. As for thoses taxi pick up things. Never used them in BKK but in Pattaya that seems the best option for a cheap price.

:D:D:D

Someone mentioned boats, yes please:- :D

large.jpg

Or maybe this one:-

large.jpg:o

I hate it when they do a U-turn.

What about a car that one Kan drive ? Me think, much more “Convenient” to me than the ones in your “Poll” DJ Tom.

Or perrrr-haps one of these not mentioned either. Slow but sure footed:- :D

large.jpg

Happy Days Traveling in and around Bangkok and Thailand. :D

Yours as always :D

Kan Win :D

poll should be re-designed. should allow to vote for more than 1 option.

And of course it always depends on where u live, where u heading to and how much time u got.

Example:

As for me - currently residing LP - I needed to go to Pratunam/OTOP today.

Here's my trip revue:

1) bus (2 stops, bht 5)

2) MRT LP-Petchaburi (bht 15)

3) boat Asok pier-Pratunam pier (bht 7)

NOW some of you might think, why the <deleted> didn't he take a taxi? Or can't he possibly afford the taxi fare?

Simple reason: above mentioned method(s) of transportation have been the fastest ever imaginable! It is not about the money but about the time.

bus/mrt/boat took me all-in-all 27 minutes.

Taxi would have been at least 1 hour (and far more to pay, not to talk about having to "enjoy" the driver's taste of music and highest level a/c-setup).

Last but not least: I NEVER EVER enter a tuk-tuk.

Enjoy your bkk traffic folks.

After 5 months bkk (but leaving soon for europe summerbreak) I can finally say: I won't get lost in the city of traffic horror.... :o

poll should be re-designed. should allow to vote for more than 1 option.

And of course it always depends on where u live, where u heading to and how much time u got.

Example:

As for me - currently residing LP - I needed to go to Pratunam/OTOP today.

Here's my trip revue:

1) bus (2 stops, bht 5)

2) MRT LP-Petchaburi (bht 15)

3) boat Asok pier-Pratunam pier (bht 7)

NOW some of you might think, why the <deleted> didn't he take a taxi? Or can't he possibly afford the taxi fare?

Simple reason: above mentioned method(s) of transportation have been the fastest ever imaginable! It is not about the money but about the time.

bus/mrt/boat took me all-in-all 27 minutes.

Taxi would have been at least 1 hour (and far more to pay, not to talk about  having to "enjoy" the driver's taste of music and highest level a/c-setup).

Last but not least: I NEVER EVER enter a tuk-tuk.

Enjoy your bkk traffic folks.

After 5 months bkk (but leaving soon for europe summerbreak) I can finally say: I won't get lost in the city of traffic horror.... :o

I'm not a big fan of Tuk-Tuks either. Fukcing rip off bastards. Only use them for a short distance.ie 20baht. No more.

few years ago some smart foreigner thought to solve air pollution in bkk by introducing electric tuk-tuks. after months of visiting "Da People" he failed and left LOs. the owners of stinky moto-rikshas are too big to change their park of this evil chariots to something new and decent.

My point - using tuk-tuks is investing money into even higher pollution in bkk. Boycoting them - is the right thing to do for enlighted one.

for transport - surely yellow buses and sub/sky trains. can take you almost anywhere dirt cheap.

The Skytrain is all well and good but if you're taking a 30B+ trip in a group of more than 3 of you and you're not slap bang on a station then a taxi is far more convinient and economic.

For example, for the time (and energy if its a hot day) taken slogging it from Soi 3 or 4 to either Nana or Ploenchit BTS you may as well flag down a taxi and hop in unless you're on your own and really have to watch the pennies.

The subways been a blessing for me in Ratchada, but have to say Taxi the most convenient, if ony coz late night travel, and the subway/bts being closed.

I use the moto taxis a lot too, but it's pushing your luck one of those things, I've almost came off a few times and just a couple of months ago we hit the side of another bike but managed to keep upright, otherwised we would have been sprawled out in the middle of the road, with incoming buses and cars behind us. :o

I f.ucking hate tuk tuks, can't wait til they fade them out.