Setting Up A New Thai Bank Account And New Paypal

davejonesbkk

I already have 2 Thai bank accounts, one with SCB and one with bank of Ayudhya.

I also have a Paypal account and it is tied to the Ayudhya account. I have been using it every month for almost 2 years to receive money and have withdrawn that money to the bank account without any problems. I have the login for the Paypal account and the only bank account attached to it is the one above, however the actual name on the Paypal account it me ex girlfriends because when I set it up I knew I would need a debit or credit card to verify it so I used her name and credit card number (with her permission) and paid the small fee and got the verification code from her credit card statement.

I have just logged into my account and it is asking for information update and needs the following:

Date of registration (I cant recall exactly)

Registration number ( a Business Registration Number, Tax Identification Number, License Number, or Incorporation Number.)

Business type

DOB

Nationality

I have no registration number so what would happen if I just made one up?

If I decide to go and make a new Paypal account in my own name how should I go about this? I will need a debit card to verify it. I have read other threads about Bangkok Bank offering some option of verifying a Paypal account.

All info/advice would be appreciated.

In 3 years I have never been asked for info like that.

Are you sure the PP site is genuine?

I would have a chat to K-bank and BKK Bank at Emporium, it's opposite K-bank on the corner of Soi 33 for a new account/PayPal. :)

Edited by GungaDin

open a BBank account get a Be1st card, apply for online banking

Open a paypal account with BBank account

then use Be1st card as credit card link

when you login to Ibanking you will see the 4digit link code

then your all set

I already have 2 Thai bank accounts, one with SCB and one with bank of Ayudhya.

I also have a Paypal account and it is tied to the Ayudhya account. I have been using it every month for almost 2 years to receive money and have withdrawn that money to the bank account without any problems. I have the login for the Paypal account and the only bank account attached to it is the one above, however the actual name on the Paypal account it me ex girlfriends because when I set it up I knew I would need a debit or credit card to verify it so I used her name and credit card number (with her permission) and paid the small fee and got the verification code from her credit card statement.

<snip>

If I decide to go and make a new Paypal account in my own name how should I go about this? I will need a debit card to verify it. I have read other threads about Bangkok Bank offering some option of verifying a Paypal account.

All info/advice would be appreciated.

this older topic might be interesting to read: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Open-Paypal-...10-t177299.html