LivinLOS

Pattaya One News .. Hmm, not Phuket me thinks.

Yes, the news link is to a Pattaya news story and the link has nothing to do with Phuket.

Edit update/// and we don't need all the wisecracks by other forum members, which have already been removed.

Let's stick to the topic gentlemen, thanks.

Yes, the news link is to a Pattaya news story and the link has nothing to do with Phuket.

I think phuketrex was simply pointing out, that a bystander has been hit by a stray police bullet before. I'm fairly sure he knows Pattaya isn't in Phuket.

This explains some strange things I saw last night. While pumping gas at the self serve pump next to The Karon Fire Dept (where the water tankers are kept) not far from where this happened and at the time this incident occurred, two plain clothes men came sprinting out of the fire station, one carrying an axe. The one carrying the axe stopped at the roadway and acted as if he were looking and waiting for something to happen. The other took off running east towards Patak Rd. They were intensely chattering away, and the only thing I caught was, "Set laow" (finished, or done) which I am not sure was a question or a statement. A moment later a grey converted pickup, (songtaow) drove past in particularly reckless fashion, even for Thailand, really gunning it and nearly taking out some people on motorbikes. The man with the axe didn't do anything but look as it went past. The other man returned after a few moments.

Nothing on Phuket Gazette yet. If you Google "Phuket Police Open Fire as Kidnap Knifeman Flees" you will find more info.

Breif details according to Googled source: A Thai man kidnapped a female dive instructor at knife point in front of Kata Beach Resort. The woman was able to bail out of the truck when she saw a Thai policeman. Thai man does a couple loops around Kata until being aprehended after getting the tires shot out by police and being blocked by water tankers.

I am sure now after reading the above source, what i saw was connected to this, and the truck I saw was likely the kidnapper on one of his circuits.

So, the question is, is this guy our Rawaii rapist? Assuming the female dive instructor is farang, which is likely, the MO fits. Time to get the other victims in for an ID me thinks.

according to a friend of mine who is friends with the dive shop owner the police gave him an extra special safety measure even after he crashed the truck to make sure not only the tyres were blown out if you know what I mean telling a farang involved that he was the Rawai guy. How they knew that I don't know but let's hope he is.

I think the girl driving the truck was the shop girl and therefor probably Thai as she was in the truck waiting, right?

I think the girl driving the truck was the shop girl and therefor probably Thai as she was in the truck waiting, right?

I still haven't heard who the victim was, other than a female dive instructor, not that it matters. Police are now saying it's the Rawaii rapist.

Here is some pictures of the aftermath. If you look at the sign for 24 hour mobile recharge/gas in the background, that's where I was when I saw the fireman come running out with the axe and the kidnapper in the truck go by the first time. And that definitely looks like the truck I saw. It turns out I just missed the conclusion of chase. It is always astonishing how anyone and everyone is free to roam crime scenes here.

I guess there are no Phuket Gazette reporters working weekends, still not picked up there. Shame.

post-70760-1255876483_thumb.jpg

post-70760-1255876493_thumb.jpg

post-70760-1255876503_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scubabuddha