Why Does Kevin Davies Never Get An England Call Up?

dave111223

I've just finished watching the Man United vs Bolton game, and i have to say i was a bit nervous towards the end.

Kevin Davies was immense, pretty much him and Matt Taylor are the whole bolton team. Taylor plays balls into the box, Davies wins almost all of them.

If Crouch and Heskey at in the team to be "big men" (ie win long balls, headers, etc...) why has Davies not been given a chance, from seeing him play lately i'd much prefer him to Heskey.

Ok, Davies is not going to take anyone on, or run past anyone, but he wins 99.99% of all headers...And he did supply the cross for Taylors goal.

Opinions?

I've just finished watching the Man United vs Bolton game, and i have to say i was a bit nervous towards the end.

Kevin Davies was immense, pretty much him and Matt Taylor are the whole bolton team. Taylor plays balls into the box, Davies wins almost all of them.

If Crouch and Heskey at in the team to be "big men" (ie win long balls, headers, etc...) why has Davies not been given a chance, from seeing him play lately i'd much prefer him to Heskey.

Ok, Davies is not going to take anyone on, or run past anyone, but he wins 99.99% of all headers...And he did supply the cross for Taylors goal.

Opinions?

Kevin Davies.. is a good bloke, his head is made from solid oak.

Edited by enyaw

Opinions?

I would agree that Davies would be a better option than the "donkey" that is Heskey. At least with Davies he generally is able to stay on his feet, and he holds the ball up well. I think it is unlikely that he will get into the side though.