Going To Cambodia

Never did that. I have flown into Cambodia in about 5 years. I believe I used to get visa on arrival. However do a web search I believe they you can now apply for a visa online, not sure if you get on issued and you print it out or if you get it when you arrive. Check on the forum here for visa online. I recall someone talking about this a few months ago.

visiting cambodia soon,flying into phnom penh from BKK.and wanting to exit via land route after visiting sihanoukville,anyone with any experience of this? will i get visa on arrival (OZ passport)without outward ticket? thanks for any advice.

i was there last week, visa online was not working. visa on arrival $20, 1 passport photo needed. sit at the front of the plane and be at the front of the queue. though it does not take long.

check out flamingo hotel, $25 a night, they pick you up from the airport.

i got a boat from sianoukville to thai border. where mini busses will take you to trat, for onward travel on big bus, or pattaya.

enjoy cambodia, lovelly people.

check out golden sands at $25, at sianoukville.

Nobody checks or cares if you have ticket. As a matter of fact many people arrive without onward tickets as they might, for example, travel by boat to Vietnam.

E-visa is easy and fast (when the site works), I have had it done in as little as 6 hours on a Sunday!!!! You print it out yourself.

Yes no problem at all, at the Airport no need to run from the plane to Immigration, usualy its only one plane at a time. So in some minutes the all people are threw. No really need for an e-visa also.

You go to the left side of the counter present your filled out application-landing card you got in the airplane, with the foto, already with the money or without the money, check that out -if at that station the money is not needed keep it until the second counter, as I last time recogniced a man who complained his money (50.- Dollar) had gone missing from the Passport.

After a short waiting time your Passport will be presented at the end of the counter and you can pick him up.

Than on to the Passportcontrol.

I also like to stay at the FLAMINGOS, you can book in the Internet a room and they will pick you up at the Airport, check theire Website out.

Flamingos will also sale you Tickets for the Bus to Sihanoukville, you get picked up by a Van from the Hotel and they bring you to the Busstation.

All inclusive.

To the landborder at Koh Kong you have regular Busses, they should be cheaper than the boat and the road is very good.

Enjoy.

Never did that. I have flown into Cambodia in about 5 years. I believe I used to get visa on arrival. However do a web search I believe they you can now apply for a visa online, not sure if you get on issued and you print it out or if you get it when you arrive. Check on the forum here for visa online. I recall someone talking about this a few months ago.

I travel once per month to Sihanoukville by car (Thai registered numberplate) on a job (I have official passport and an official job in the port). All I know is that this is perfectly possible BUT you have to inform the immigration at Pochentong airport when applying for your visa that you will exit through Koh Khong (road 48). This road by the way is now deteriorating quickly and shows at certain places already many potholes, but the views and the landscapes are breathtaking! Taxi's dare to ask 80 US$, even more... I know there are A/C buses from Sihanoukville to Koh Khong every day which are much cheaper. Distance = 250 Km and minimum 4 hours... In Koh Khong you still need a transport from the bus station to the border (about 10 km), which may be a bit tricky

Tourist visa = 20 US$. I believe an on-line visa will not have this opportunity to leave the country by road. You probably have to leave the country from the same port of entry although I am not sure of this.

Lived in Cambodia for last 8 years (now in BKK) and all's true - easiest place anywhere for visas, especially if arrival is at Phnom Penh airport. $20 will get you a 30 day tourist visa which can extend once for another 30 days while in Phnom penh - at travel agents usually. Or, better, you can pay $25 and get a category E 'business' visa, no fuss, just apply. Then you can extend that indefinitely - same travel agents in Phnom Penh - for periods of 30, 90, 180 or 365 days! Again no fuss, you just take your passport and get it back 2-3 days later with your new visa. Tourist visas can only be extended once then that's it and they're single entry. But for business visas multiple entry is standard - as many times as you like! last I remember, the fee for 6 months extension is about $170, or that might even be the 1 year one! i know the 1 year one isn't much more than the 6 month one. Any expat who lives in Phnom Penh will just shrug and raise their eyebrows if you ask them if there's any problems with visas etc, like "err, what?! visa problems?" it's not even a conversation topic!!!

Cheap as chips and absolutely no hassle whatsoever - might as well be on another planet compared to immigration for Thailand! They're actually genuinely glad to have you over in Cambodia and it's proven very emphatically by the ease and reasonable fees for immigration to live there!!!

Makes for a very hassle-free and not too expensive regular visa-run haven if you can afford the visa extension fees. Plus, great place to hang out and kick-back generally, plus I think by far the best quality and value western food restaurants in the region - per capita!