2 Year Visa ?

hello,

I'm a french citizen doing reasearch & writing a thesis in social sciences in Toulouse, in order to attain my doctorate.

I can do this by being based anywhere in the world.

I'm not married and my boyfriend is an Indian working in Thailand, because of which I need to move there, ideally for the next two years.

Also, I have a 3 y.old child, and I don't know if I need to apply for a different visa for him ?

Does anyone know what visa(s) I should apply for, and what the requirements are ?

The best you can hope for is a multi entry non immigrant O visa valid for one year but which requires you exit the country within 90 days of each entry. A friendly consulate might issue that. You have no status having a boyfriend, even if he were Thai.

If you can not obtain that visa the best would be 3, 2 or 1 entry tourist visa which allows a stay of 60 days. The final choice would be 30 day exit/entry using your French passport for visa free entry. This would require you carry money to prove you can support your stay each trip (although not usually asked to be shown) and could be stopped at any time.