Help ,visaquestion ,sending Paspsort

hello,

me just go oustisde thailand next three days, to avoid a red warningstamp, i try to send my passport to a small honorary consulate.

in advance friend asked him,and say said the aplicant must not be here in person, so i send companydocuments and bankstatements included passport to them.

is that legal, if not stay in thailand, and send passport from other country to europe.............. and than my mother go to apply for visa..........

i think yes,the only thing is in the country i stay dont have passport, but copy, and think no problem, and in case passport lost or problem i can say i loost and apply new passport at embassy of homecountry

is this conclusion ok

There is a matter as to whether the honorary consul in question requires that YOU physically be in the country at the time your passport is submitted via mail or by another person for the visa-- and that is very easy for them to tell.

hello,

me just go oustisde thailand next three days, to avoid a red warningstamp, i try to send my passport to a small honorary consulate.

in advance friend asked him,and say said the aplicant must not be here in person, so i send companydocuments and bankstatements included passport to them.

is that legal, if not stay in thailand, and send passport from other country to europe.............. and than my mother go to apply for visa..........

i think yes,the only thing is in the country i stay dont have passport, but copy, and think no problem, and in case passport lost or problem i can say i loost and apply new passport at embassy of homecountry

is this conclusion ok

You can NOT I repeat can NOT send your pass on a holiday. ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

The question, I believe, is whether it would be OK to send the passport from a third country say Laos or Singapore while ex-Thailand. Legality aside, some honorary consuls will not accept or provide a visa if they cannot see that the Passport owner is currently in the same country as the consul in question whether the application is made via mail or by another person... maybe it is a good time for him to visit his Mother.

He is, I believe, talking about sending from another country. That in itself likely puts him in violation of the second countries laws if not using another passport. As for the country he sends passport they should not issue a visa if they know person is not in there area (but a few do). A cursory examination of returned passport will show visa was obtained in such a manner and visa can be considered invalid by Immigration at any time. In the past this was much less likely to be found out but today it will be obvious with computer records. The question is when/if/who action will be taken against. As they say - it flows downhill - so expect the holder of such paperwork could have an issue - especially if there application said they were at a location that there passport proves that could not have been.

\

I would strongly advise doing the trip rather than trying to shortcut. In many cases it is likely to be no more expensive and can be combined with visits/shopping.

I've never heard of immigration having a problem with someone obtaining a visa by mail while in a third country.

I don't think it's illegal to do so.

The problem would be with the OP not having their passport in possession during the time it was off getting a visa, but they seem to have factored that in and are apparently happy with keeping a copy of it.

Is it a smart thing to do? I'm not so sure about that. If they are getting a visa for Thailand, why couldn't they get it in the country they went to to send their passport off?

If they are worried about a 'red stamp' in the country they go to, I think they picked the wrong country. There are other countries around here that aren't expensive to get to that they might not have a problem with.

Perhaps someone visiting immigration could ask this specific question and get back to us with the answer.

On the other hand, never ask a question that you don't want to hear the answer to.

:)

Sending your current passport, on which you entered the Kingdom, to a third country to obtain a new visa is a serious offence under the thai law. Despite they will see it once you are going to leave the country. Arrival and departure stamps are also missing. The immigration law also states that you do have to have your passport at hand all times.Offending these rules could lead to sorrowful issues.

Another thing is, no Thai Embassay around the world will issue a new Visa without seeing the stamp of your departure before!

To my knowledge one can apply for a Visa in his home country by sending his or hers passport to the Embassay by post or courier.

Sending a fresh 3 passport or one with correct departure stamps to apply for a Visa is possible, upon receiving the passport you have to leave and re-entry with the new one. :D

OP is asking of applying by mail from outside thailand. He did not specify but he might be somewhere in the region or in the europe...

So not sending his passport from Thailand. Something quite frequently promoted in this forum. Almost daily it is adviced to"just apply by mail to Germany, Perth, Hull and so on". Also he says his mother can apply for him so it's not even by mail.

Regardless of legal implications, I think it is a good idea to develop a while-in-country rapport with an honorary consul in one's own Passport issuing country... rather than just be another no-name in Malaysia or Laos. It certainly helped me my first few years in the Kingdom to obtain multiple multiple-entry 'B' visas while in USA... especially if you see yourself obtaining many annual visas before retirement age. And, he gets to visit with his Mother.

thank you lodburi, your answer quick as always.

other mebers i think dont read the text

NOT STAYING IN THAILAND DURING APLICATION for visa

maybe a third country, like lodburi said have problems, or could make problems.

same people appalying in hull, but not staying there.

the consul told me , dont need to come, somebody can apply, or apply by post, but they only return within country by mail.

with documets from company cant apply for non b multi here in the area. single non b dont need. i was staying in thailand on 1yr visa until 2004 based on 3m in bank, after taxsin change to govermentbank at 0% for time beeing at 2005, and at this time i get off the investment visa... later when the 0% policy was cannceled again, the investmentvisa was cancelled same.

so since than 2006 and 2006 extension of stay based on.........., starting 2007, bcs of.........,stay on TR visa,,but now problem same.

there is no choice now,,,,but i have to extend my stay for 4 years until get pension visa ( if its not changed same until than, whats normal for here)

so back.......... i am not sending passport during stay in thailand

if it is not working out,,,,i let eat my dog the passport and apply again for new one with clear history,,this would be the 6th passport i use in thaailand during a 10yr stay

i dont want get on WP bcs i not want to work, if i need to work ,for sure, i would not stay in thailand, bcs there is much better places for make money than LOS......los is a place to spend money,,,but not to make money,,and thats not new.......................